So its my fault this ebay buyer can't read...

I cleared out some of my kids' duvet sets as they had loads and some had hardly been used. I sold a set that had literally only been on my daughter's bed ONCE. It looked the same as it did brand new. It was lilac with little pastel coloured princess castles all over it. It stated in the listing that it was lilac. You could see from the photo it was lilac. The buyer demanded a refund, saying it was "worn out" and "should be white" but is a "dirty washed out grey colour"! I offered a refund if she returned it but she refused, and left me negative feedback with the same lies and accusations that were in the message, and said I wouldn't give her a refund. I had 100% positive feedback until this. Looking at her feedback left for others, I see she made the same comments about another duvet set on the same day, and about 1 in every 10 feedbacks she has left, is a negative or neutral. If she hates so much of what she buys on ebay, maybe she should shop elsewhere!
There are many people who do this kind of thing online It killed my ebay career for me had 2 try this trick at the same time. Paypal then froze my account while they dealt with 2 people and had 10 others waiting who had paid for items wanting there items as I was dropshipping was unable to fulfill orders meaning instead of 2 negatives ended up with 6 negatives and 4 neutrals. Ebay are too focused on the buying experience and making sure they are happy push sellers out the door.
I was planning on starting a business at the end of this year, I have a wholesaler and everything but with the attitude of some buyers I may not be able to do this on ebay
Depending on your wholesaler you could become a drop-shipper for ebay sellers yourself just set-up your own website and let your sellers deal with the crazy customers.
It's bad enough that the buyer gave you negative feedback even if it is obvious that it was not your fault. What is even worse is that eBay does not give sellers anymore the right to give a negative feedback to buyers. That really sucks big time.
I left a positive feedback stating negative in capitals, explaining what happened, it will probably be removed and I'll get a slap on the wrist for it, but its the only way to warn other sellers, so I thought I'd try!
@NailTech (6892)
Hi marianne~ Well, I can say I have had my share of those kinds of customers on eBay as well. Not too often, I'm just lucky to get any customers nowadays. But the woman sounds like the typical crazy customer who starts this and gets away with it just cause eBay lets her. They have changed the feedback system so that only the buyers can leave negative, this has been for over a few years now i still don't think it's right. Can you put a comment of yours under the bad feedback she left for you? It's about the only thing you can do, and I know she was wrong like you said. eBay won't do anything about it either. I've become very familair with all kinds of creepy people on there like that over 7 years of listing on it for both myself and my dad, too. The feedback system truly stinks, I think these people just get off on doing this to sellers who have the best feedback, so that they feel they have "power" when i fact they have nothing. She will gets hers one day, though. Thats just not the way to go, I would block her if you can too. I agree she should shop elsewhere, she seems to buy so much stuff on there wether the stuff is good or not, probably spending all her hubby's money.
I have blocked her, and left a reply to the feedback just stating what I've said on here - the item was listed as lilac and the buyer thought it was white, it was in perfect condition and a refund was offered.
@Timeout (419)
I understand what you mean! I may get a negative feedback today just because the buyer doesn't read. Sellers are so vulnerable now, we cannot defend from ill-intentioned buyers because they removed the option of leaving neutral or negative feedback to buyers. So unfair!!!
@almond24 (1251)
• Hungary
She sounds like just a mean person who wants to destroy the sellers' reputation. Maybe she got free stuff already this way. Judging from other people's feedback others won't trust her either since she makes those comments. I don't really get why the color of the duvet matters so much, we use it with a sheet
@snrm007 (224)
I think the best thing you can do is report it to the Ebay support email. They will look into it and most likely check the description you had on the item and view her feedback of you to clarify whether or not her review as justified or not.