Bleech will open your eyes wide.

United States
April 22, 2012 12:11pm CST
This bathroom floor needed scrubbing bad. I poured bleech in all four corners of the floor and used the broom to scrub the floor. I had to open the window and the front door. My eyes are still effected by the bleech. My tiles look shiny so I am pleased. I know not to use so much clorox next time. I put the heat on so I reall don't want to leave the window open. One time i was washing down the front porch. I mixed clorx and amonia on the ground and it was like someone lit a bomb. I never knew that would happen. so I don't dare do that again. I was outside and I thought my chest was going to burst open..
1 person likes this
9 responses
@shaggin (36845)
• United States
22 Apr 12
Oh man lol I would pass out if I did that literally. It also makes my nose burn and my eyes water so bad and they get all bloodshot. Then I start feeling sick to my stomach like I will vomit. Its really bad for your body to be around those fumes. Even a few tablespoons of bleach in a gallon of water is enough to kill the germs on your floor without making you sick haha.
1 person likes this
• United States
22 Apr 12
I wanted the tile to be white and shiny after it was not mopped for so long..
@laken02 (3067)
• United States
24 Apr 12
wow i think i will try that on my kitchen floor and bathroom flooor as well but thanks for the good advice when doing it i will iopen the doors and windows lol so i dont get sick.. my floors need a good scrubbing i am excited to do it now thanks again lol i always just used a mop and pine sol and that is a chore i dont much care for and hubby is always complaining lol . tomorrow im off again and i plan to do some much needed cleaning, even vaccum which i hate.. take care
1 person likes this
• Canada
30 Apr 12
Never ever mix ammonia and Clorox! If regular non-lethal combos or products affect you, wear a mask and goggles when using them.
• Philippines
23 Apr 12
I tried using that too though its only 5% chlorine but i used it pure and i had a sore throat. I had an instant cold and cough. Now i am diluting it with 9 parts of water. In clinics and hospitals it is used as disinfectant and some of my friends put a few drops of it in dish washing liquids to make the plates and other utensils shiny. Well, that's a lesson for all of us, to be careful with this household hazards. Thanks a lot for sharing us your experience, we learned from it.
@sid556 (31005)
• United States
23 Apr 12
Wow...that is pretty common knowledge, gifts. You are very lucky that you did not get worse medical issues as a result. I have asthma and I washed my kitchen floor in bleach and then went in and used amonia in the bathroom which was down the hall. Just the fumes alone kicked in my asthma and sent me to the hospital. It was a scary experience and I don't use either of those any more. You literally mixed them together??? OMG...I am so glad you are still here to tell us about it. guess you won't do that again,right?
@celticeagle (118255)
• Boise, Idaho
23 Apr 12
Have you read the trilogy of The Boy Called 'It'? It tells about the pathetic life of this boy. His mother makes him clean the bathroom by using amonia and something else, maybe clorox. He is in a closed, small room with the vents closed. He hurries for fear it will kill him. If you haven't read these books you should. Wow!
@GardenGerty (99326)
• United States
22 Apr 12
Bleach is a very strong and toxic chemical. It should not be mixed with anything and actually if you use too strong a solution of bleach it is not effective at killing germs. I have also made the mistake of mixing bleach and ammonia, so I know first hand what you are talking about. I almost never will use chlorine bleach any more.
@sedel1027 (17855)
• United States
22 Apr 12
That mixture creates a deadly gas - Chlorine Gas. This can happen if you clean your bathroom with bleach and accidentally spray windex (or another ammonia based product) on the same area. Chlorine gas can cause chemical burns and has been used in chemical warfare. This is one of many reasons to only use natural cleaning methods.
@timetravel (1428)
• United States
22 Apr 12
You know, it's a good idea to read the warning labels on these products. Often, they will tell you not to do the very things you did! Clorax is very powerful and can burn your skin off if you are not careful.