Do you set your status when you are online in the chatting software?

Guangzhou, China
Some people like to set the current status such as "online", "busy", "away" etc. when they are in the chatting software. Do you like to set your status? I don't set it since I am afraid I will forget to change it back.
I have mine set so that when I login it automaticlly sets my status as online. If I'm doing something or don't wanna be bothered, I'll set it to Busy or Offline. I don't use MSN as much, and I've noticed for me at least, not many of my msn buddies use it, so I can leave it online without being bothered.
I accept that MSN is not so good to use today. It is often something wrong with the server.
• Marion, Kansas
I do not chat online, so I just leave my status as offline all the time.
So you will not waste the time.
• Marion, Kansas
My online time is mostly for earning money one way or another.
I never really notice. It is usually on busy I think. I never change it.
What a busy bee
Yep, that's me.
Most of the times I used to put my status. This status has helped me a lot. They helped me to tell my present status to all of them without telling them a single piece of message. I only did is,I had done just change the available icon to what ever it is. It helped me a lot.
Yes, it can be very convenient.
yes, i have set the status on my chatting software. normally i will set them as busy in my msn, and not available on skype =) so everytime when someone call me via skype, i'm sure will miss the call, haha~~~ i set the status just because i don't want the notification to disturb what i am doing on that time. when i am nothing to do on that time, i will change the status to online, and available =)
Many people seem to like to be "invisible"
@lynboobsy11 (11347)
My smartphone has a chat engine that any chat site I can log in (Facebook,MSN,yahoo,talk,) but I'm only using yahoo and Facebook. When I'm home I'm normally online with this 2 site because of my phone using my wifi connection. I have some dear friends that lives in the USA and some part of the world that has different with my time and since it is only my way to communicate with them I don't have to change my status. I've just ignored person that is rude sometimes and if I'm already asleep.
I seldom want to turn on the chatting software from my cellphone since typing is not convenient.
@almond24 (1251)
• Hungary
I'm not online on chatting softwares all day, so I'm usually online when i'm logged in. Earlier when I was waiting for people to log in, I often changed my status, mostly to "away" when I was busy with something else. The weird thing was when i forgot to change my status and missed to talk to people I wanted to talk to, or when it uses the same status logging in that I used when logging out.
Today sometimes I even will not turn on the chatting software.
@Mashnn (4503)
I usually do especially when if Iam busy doing something else and I do not want to be disturbed. I rarely forget to reset it unless I am in a hurry or if I log out immediately after finishing what I was doing.
Good for you.