I can't go shopping for clothing or anything I want..

I have another cleaning job coming this week. I plan to take half that money and put it on a bill and buy a tube of toothe paste and a few rolls of toilet paper. I will be stocking up on dish soap and other things I really will need. I plan to wear all my clothes and buy nothing new. Adrian will help me as well. I want to do most of this on my own. I like doing for myself it makes me feel good. I will make space in my closet for all my needed items. I bought some body wash the last time I was in the dollar tree. I can't go wrong doing it this way.. If you have any ideas let me know. thanks.
I think that stocking up is very important in these lean times. I only shop once a month because that is all the money we have. We get more milk and afew thinks when my daughter gets child support but that is all. I would love to get some extra money from somewhere and be able to catch up. Stock up. I have to have T.T. and I freak if it gets too low.
That is how I shop as well because I only get one check.
And it is hard. I wish I could do weekly shopping.
When I get my food stamps adjusted I will split them up so I can shop every week and get more sales. I will still cut out on the meat to save cash...
Good plan. Clothes are a luxury if you ask me. I mean, sure we NEED to wear SOMETHING, but you don't have to go crazy and buy new clothes every time you have a little extra cash...I wish my brain would wrap itself around this idea - I am SUCH a bad clothes shopper. Sticking to the essentials is what I need to start doing, much like you. Best of luck to you!
I will be seeing about filling up my piggy bank for black friday as well.
@laken02 (3067)
that is why i like my new job so well, i will have money of my own to help pay bills and even strt a savings account, like you i do not plan to buy me any new clothes unless i go to the good will and find something nice there cheap.. for work but i cant wait to get my next check i have to put about 80.00 in my bank account and then it will be in good shape then i want to shopw hubby i can pay bills as well.. and i get tip money as well and do very good with that... so im gonna put back about 5.00 of my tip money and the rest in the bank.. i made 16.00 in tips alone yesterday.. i as happy. :)
I remember when I was a waitress I made $100 a day in tips. I wore high heels and had a lot of flirt men. I was bringing my child to work so I did not really pay a bab sitter she would sit at the table and eat and have fun.
Sounds like are stuggling to even get the basics in life. I suggest you check out a food pantry that would be able to give you some of the necessities for free. There should be one close to your area wherever you are. Then you might be able to save up a little for something bigger than toilet paper.
The only give out food and I have enough of that right now.
@alberello (4755)
Well, even I, like you, I prefer to try to handle me the way life on my own, possibly independently. This is from my own when I can not do because I am still under the rule of my family, even though I already have the age of 37. However, even I, despite being a man, I am very fond to home care, as well as my person. This at least I can do. Fortunately, at least the housework, helping my mother in spending and buy products for personal hygiene that I prefer. Dreaming of complete autonomy. Maybe a day...
@Cherish14 (2695)
that's good that you can go shopping to dollar tree. i can only check on them online because we don't have that here in the country. i see you are very hard working. it feels good when you are rewarded after a hard day's work
@GemmaR (8526)
It is awful when there are things that you want to buy but you just don't have the money to be able to do so. One of the things that I like the most about working online is the fact that I can work as much as I like without having to fit it to specific hours, and this means that I can earn as much or as little as I want towards the things that I choose to buy. You're right to buy the things that are the most important first though, as, although clothes are nice, there are some things that we just can't do without and we don't always need new clothes all of the time.
Well, when it comes to things that you need, I would think that those things would come before those things that you are trying to stockpile. However, I don't think that there is anything at all wrong with stockpiling things that you know that you are going to need. This is something that becomes even more economical if you are able to combine sales prices with coupons. If you are able to do that, there are a lot of times that you will end up getting things for free.
@marie2052 (3697)
I buy quite a few things from Dollar Tree. But I have found that things like lotions and even body wash contain a lot of water in them. Thats how some off brands are being able to be made so cheap. As far as clothes, I go to places that are putting items on clearance. I get all my shirts whether tank tops or shirts to wear every day for 3.00 or less. I go to Rue21. Bealls Outlet not sure where they are in the states but you can check online. I live in Florida and am able to get Carters childrens clothes cheaper at Bealls than at the store. Just got my 2 year old granddaughter a 28.00 swimsuit for 4.99. I can't remember the last time I have paid full price for anything. If I am in a store and see something I really want, I tend to go once a week to see if they have marked them down. Sometimes I luck out and get a really good bargain. Sometimes not. Just depends on sizes left. But at least maybe I will find something else in my size for the same price. Jeans are the hardest to buy I dislike the skinny jeans Feel like I cant move in them LOL So I actually go to Good Will and get my jeans. I go on the 50% off day and get jeans that fit me for 2.50. My bath and body needs I wait for two sales a year Bath and Body Works and Victorias Secrets has two Annual Sales. Right after Christmas and again right after Mothers Day. Items will be 2.00, 3.00, 5.00 and also have some items up to 75% off. This is when I make use of my savings and get what I need and for gifts and pay no more than I would have if I had purchased the buy 2 get 1 free they usually have going at both stores. You can walk out with quite a bit of stuff. Hope this helps so you can find good products at a bargain price. If its full price I NEVER buy it unless its a meal LOL Even most of my movies I see are at a 1.00 theater at the mall.