Lalaloopsy dolls

My daughter is into these right now (because her friends have them). She wanted the mini dolls at Christmas and "Santa" found a set of 4 for £7.50 in the sale. Now she wants more of the mini dolls, plus the furniture, and a big Lalaloopsy doll too. Full price, the mini dolls are £6 each, the furniture sets around £12 per room (maybe 2 items of furniture) and the large dolls are around £25. Her birthday is in August and I'd love to get her everything she wants, but I am only able to use the money I make on ebay so, thus far, she is getting one set of furniture and 2 mini dolls. I think the large dolls are ugly, but I will try to get her one if that's what she really wants. I don't understand why these little things cost so much. Remember I am supporting a family of 5 on £150 per week, so expensive toys are a real struggle.
Oh, I know as a mother that it is really difficult when you aren't able to get all of the things that our children want for their birthdays or for Christmas. However, your daughter is getting old enough that if you aren't able to get her everything that you want she should be able to understand it. When it comes to birthdays for our two children, I typically get them mostly clothes and they will get one toy from their brother/sister from us. The majority of the toys that they get for their birthdays come from friends and family members.
I have discussed it with her and told her that I will write down all the things she wants, but she can't expect all of them because we don't have enough money to buy everything. I know she will be happy with whatever she gets, but I think its important that she understands the value of money anyway. Earlier this year I bought piggy banks for all 3 kids, and at the end of each week when I will be getting my money the next day, I share whatever change I have left between them. They are saving it for days out and things they want.
Just get her what you can, and don't fret about what you can't. She will be excited that you listened to any of what she said, and I am sure would be thrilled with even just 1 of the mini dolls. If she is disappointed, it may be time to talk to her about how she can save up money to get more, and how money doesn't grow on trees.
• South Africa
I'm sure as her mother, you would like to give her everything she wants. Personally, I think you should set some boundaries, at least, for now, until you earn a little more. Maybe you can get one mini doll and one furniture set for her birthday? I was thinking maybe you can set aside some money every month until her birthday, so that you can buy everything, but your daughter needs to know that the money that you earn, would be best spent on clothes, food, or other important stuff.