I miss riding my bike in florida.

I have been back here living in ny a few years now. I had moved from Miami. I loved riding my bike everywhere when we lived there. I had a car but loved riding my bike. I bought me and kay one and we would go far and enjoy ourselves. we had some really good times in florida. We were so very close. I have my treadmill now so I will not be buying a bike. Plus,I have no where to store it when not in use. My treadmill sits in front of my closet lol. did you enjoy riding a bike at some point..
I was offered a gift for my five years of service when I took my early retirement in 2006. I chose a Trek mountain bike. I used to ride it on the green belt(trail along the river)but my granddaughter used it a couple of Summers ago, did some damage and promised she'd fix it. Hasn't happened yet. She acts like she has forgotten all about it. Big wonder. I used to ride it for hours. Ended up clear across town and at the end of the green belt. I miss it. So nice when its hot. It was 85 yesterday. Ugh! And this is only April.
It is freezing here in ny. I have my heat on. I hope you get the bike fixed soon. even if you have to do it yourself.
We just had a hail storm with inch size stones. Now it is muggy and warm out. Hate that.
@dazzledlady (1624)
Oh, I do not know how to ride a bike:(And by that I think I missed a part of my childhood. I am an adult now and most people I know, knew how to. I hope I can have the time to learn how so that I will be able to experience it firsthand and can relate to your feeling. It's a good for of exercise too.
I like biking, too. Very much. I like the sense of wind kissing my face when I am riding along the road in campus.
I learned as a child so i had it down packed.
@laken02 (3067)
my hubby bought me a brand new bike about 2 years ago and when i first got it i rode it almost every day and was happy with it.. but then after a year i just got tired of it and put it in storage to collect dust, so knowing i was not going to ride it anymore, for christmas this year i gave it to my friends daughter and she told me that was one of the gifts she had ask for and they could not afford so that made me happy that it went to a good home as well.. i just like to walk now for exercize ..
That was very nice of you. I would have did the very same thing. I hope hubby was not upset.
@maximax8 (27045)
When I lived in Kent it was in the days before I learned how to drive a car. I had to cycle on my bike to the shops and to work if it was near enough. If my job was further away I would take the bike to the train station and go by rail. In those days I lived in a tiny cottage and I stored my bike next to my front door. I was often tripping over it. I wasn't allowed to have a shed in my garden. I moved in 2005 and my house then had a shed to put my bike into. I learned how to drive a car and don't use my bike anymore. I moved again in 2010 and my bike is in my garage. I miss cycling but I have my disabled son in a wheelchair to push now. I hope to be able to still go out cycling for my own enjoyment.
it was nice while it lasted I am sure.
I did love riding my bike as a kid. I had 2 bikes and they both got run over by the garbage man. I would park my bike in the yard next to the garage and the garbage man would back into it without ever looking. He never offered to pay for either one of them. I never got another bike after that last one was crushed.
That was cruel of them to do that to a child's bike.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
Honestly Gifts, I don't know how to ride a bike . I know there was a time in my highschool days there was a chance that I'm learning how to ride a bike but since I don't have one to practice all the time, until I got old I never had a chance to learned. That's the part of my childhood that I missed.
My sister never learned either and she was sad about it.
• Pasay, Philippines
Awts; that's so sad. Hope you'll have your bike back again. Sometimes I got too attached also in a certain thing I don't wnt to let it go. Hope you'll have it back soon; or at the very least, have another ride on it before letting it go completely. It's like having a last chance to use and enjoy it more ^_^-)
I don't want to buy one because I have no where to put it.
@ardoy0731 (6866)
I misses riding a bike too and it been so long since the last time. I used to rode in a bike with my friends way back in childhood and high school life. We used play bike in the court to avoid the vehicles in the street. I do hope that I could still enjoy riding in a bike in the future.
If you really love biking you should fine ways where to put your bike. Bike is not big as car, it only need a small space so that you can store it. Maybe you can store it, in your garage or hang it up anywhere that is safe. I really love biking too.
@garson (886)
Why do you store your treadmill in closet? Is it too big for your apartment? There's no place in NY where you can bike?
• Marion, Kansas
I have not ridden a bike in ages. I have one, but I fell when I tried ot get off of it, so I have not gotten back on it. I will someday soon. I have gotten more fit since I tried to ride it last.
@jinky2012 (438)
i am happy to hear that you are fund of riding bicycle.But be careful because it is really dangerous,It is good to drive your car than your bicycle.Try to go home my friend...lol im just kidding.keep it up!