You could save a big amount at home.

If your addicted to ice coffee and you make them at home that is. I just made one and it was good enough for me. I am going to buy me a french vanilla flavor to ad to them in the summertime. I let the coffee cool before I made it. It just hit the spot. I don't drink coffee tat much. But,when I do I type faster. I will look for some other kinds of coffee to try as well. You should try this.
@laken02 (3067)
i dont drink any kind of coffee period.. but my hubby does drink coffee every now and then and if it is cold outside, but my youngest daughter has been drinkng coffe since she was a little kid her grandpa and my mom use to give it to her i was amazed she actualy liked it. i think she liked the sound it made when she sipped it lol me im a hot coco drinker.. my daughter loves star bucks, sometimes i take her there as a treat when she comes down since i dont see her very often.,
That must be hard not having her with you and the other out in the world on her own. I am so scared for my daughter this year as well. How did you make it when she first left your home.. You don't have to answer if it upsets you. I would never want that. thanks
@laken02 (3067)
well where i have bi polar, i was not able to raise my daughters , my youngest belongs to my x-husband and he ended up getting custody when she was around 9 or 10 and i found out she really liked it at his house because he has alot of animals and he has horses and she gets to ride and they live on a small farm and her step mom is nice to her and so becasue i see her happy i am happy as well and i know her dad is a great father as well.. so now she comes down on the weekends she wants she is 15.. and we all get along.. i had more trouble out of my oldest child but hopefully thigns will look up again.. i have faith :)
@sid556 (31005)
Hi Gifts, That is one area that I started saving in...I stopped going to Dunkin Donuts for my iced coffee and perfected the art of making it at home. It is as good if not better than Dunkins. My daughter tells me that she prefers mine over theirs and I'm sure she prefers my price over theirs ...FREE.
Free is always great. How do you make yours?
@sid556 (31005)
I brew regular coffee and I make it stronger than I normally would for just hot coffee. I use 7 scoops of coffee for 10 cups. Then I let it cool and fill the cup with ice and add the coffee and cream. I prefer just regular coffee but my daughter likes the flavors so I sometimes will make french vanilla or pumkin spice. Another tip...she adds sugar to hers and it blends better if she first puts the sugar in and melts it in a very small amount of hot water and then add ice, coffee and cream.
@Dominique25 (9476)
I completely agree with you. If we don't buy coffee drinks iced or special ones we really can save a lot of money this way. I use to do this a lot when I would be out and about for my Avon business or when we would go out and recruit for Avon. But now I'm sticking to coffee at home and or cheap drinks at the local gas station for $.74 for a 34 oz. So in order to treat myself I just by myself one or two fancy pretty cups to put it in.
That is a great idea to save money. I will bu myself a pretty coffee cup to take outside with me. Thanks.
I'm glad that you are going to get yourself a nice cup. It's a good thing for us to buy ourselves nice inexpensive things every once in awhile. And with the weather getting warmer it's more likely that we will have drinks when we are out and about.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I bought coffee in the winter as I had a hankering for it, I bought some of tht store bought international delight iced coffee and didn't much like it. I'll only buy it again if I have a coupon like I did the first time. The fact is I don't drink that much of it. I might would make up a couple of pots and put it in a jug, add some ice, some sweetener and shake it then leave it in the fridge, it should keep fine that way.
I need one of those pretty jugs too. That will be on m shopping list for dollar tree.
I generally do my own "specialty" coffees--whether they be hot or iced. I haven't really bought coffee out in months--not since escaping Florida. Iced coffee used to be my treat to myself--my little pick-me-up to make myself feel better for being in a place that I didn't want to be in. Now, I'm back to making my own drinks--cheaper and healthier.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
I always do that when summer time, since I'm a coffee drinker I normally put it on the fridge or put some ice. I don't like to used ice crusher, ice coffee can be fun too. It makes me refresh when it's hot. Try some cappuccino too.
I agree with you, you can save a big money if you make your own coffee at home. Just buy a coffee maker in order for you to make it easier. Read some tips, search in the net what are the new flavors. As time goes on and on yo will be more experienced in making coffee. Who knows someday you can put up your own coffee business.
@asliah (11149)
hi, i dont like to drink coffee because of its taste,but the only coffee i had drink was the coffee made by my grandfather.it was sweetened and not so hot,and i loved that taste,that coffee i only drink for the first time.and i will try what u said too maybe i could also like that ice coffee.
We dont drink coffee here but I think the idea applys to lots of things we can do at home. We like to buy drink mixers and make pina coladas at home. At a restarunt they cost $3.00 each but for $2.50 we can buy a bottle of mixer that will make 3 pitchers full. Its a fantastic treat that we enjoy for the summer heat that is coming.
@jdyrj777 (6558)
Ive been making my own at home for a long time now. Get a snow cone maker. Pour the chilled coffee over the ice. Mmmmmmm!!!
I like em well enough, but I prefer hot mocha lattes. I go out so that my hubby can use our tv in our tiny apt to watch loud shows that I hate. It gives us both some me time.
I never used to drink iced coffee at all... but then, last summer, McDonald's had a special on them... any size, $1.00. Needless to say, my daughter and I drank iced coffee last year I just noticed that they will be running the same promotion this summer... except it's small or medium sizes only for $1.00. For the number of times I buy them, it's not too pricey...but I think I'm going to experiment with making them at home. It will probably taste better and I can be sure to use decaf coffee (which is what I drink and it's hard to be certain that you really get decaf when you order in a restaurant).
@almond24 (1250)
• Hungary
It's a good way to save some money. I don't drink a lot of coffee, but I make it at home too, including ice coffee. We can add flavors, I just tried to put some cinnamon in the coffee and it tasted good. There are a lot of things that we can make at home and save a lot with it.
@thechans (79)
I love coffee too. Iced or hot are both good. Personally I like the hazelnut creamer in mine. It is highly addicting, but just can't help myself. I don't make ice coffee at home very much, but will grab one on the go from McDonalds or Starbucks at least twice a week. Thanks for discussion fellow coffee drinker.
@Iynna12 (67)
I prerfer bying goods from the supermarkets and then from cafeterias.They offer much more flavours and brands.
No starbucks can beat the coffee we can concoct at home. Also for cheap price too. We can control the bitterness, sweetness, creaminess etc in the comfort of our own home. Now, at 1:16 am, the subject of coffee made my mouth water.
@Archaiwy (599)
I think made-at-home food is better than that made in some stores. When i am free,i like to make food to my own taste. On the other hand i can try some new ingredients in the food. In my home nothing is more advanced than that in the kitchen. iAnd what i am happy is that the family are also like what i make in the chicken.
@ryanong (9695)
• Vietnam
Drink coffee at home is cheap than drink it in the coffee shop. And we can make it strong, cold, etc..as what we want to drink in that day. I prefer coffee with milk and a lot of ice. Instead of drink coffee in the coffee shop, we can save much money if we drink coffee at home. I have been saving money by this way for 4 years...^^
@sedel1027 (17855)
I'm a major coffee drinker. Even with a Keurig and a espresso machine I still buy Starbucks on a fairly regular basis. I don't have room in my house for all the different types of syrups they have lol Between giftcards, earned free drinks, ect I don't pay for too many of my drinks.
My daughter loves iced coffee. If we have the money we go to our Latte place and have a Milky Way. But usually we don't anymore so she makes her coffee strong and adds flavored creamer to it. She like French Vanilla and I like hazelnut. International Coffee is making an iced coffee now too.