My son, the hunter

My son just killed his first bird. He called me, very anxious, to show me the bird he just shot. The problem of that was that the bird was still moving. He couldn't understand that he shot it and it was still alive. So, his Dad told him what to do and he shot it again and finally killed it. He is now learning how to skin a bird and roast it over a fire. Yum!!
Wow, what kind of bird is it? And how old is your son? Glad he has found a passion in his life, early on. Hunting is a great sport if you have the patience, enjoy it, and I believe personally if you eat it as well. Tastes so much better when you have caught/killed it yourself!
Not sure what type of bird it was. This isn't his first kill, he has killed a squirrel in the past also, I had to skin that, talk about fun. He is waiting for deer season again because he is much better with the aim now.
If I saw that i could not eat that. I am so glad I never saw a chicken or pig killed.
I have been around hunting all my life, but I have to say I almost cried when I saw that bird moving around in his hand. Seeing the smile on my son's face when he actually killed it was worth it.
How old is your son? I would never allow my kids to kill an animal. I am too much of an animal lover.