What is your biggest ambition in life?

@GemmaR (8526)
I have just finished a degree at a University in the UK, and it started me thinking about what I would like to do during the course of my life. At the moment, now that I have been in education or training for a very long time indeed, there is nothing that I would like to do better than to be able to have a family and settle down for a couple of years. I work full time on the internet, and because of the nature of my job it means that I would easily be able to continue this whilst carrying on starting a family. What about you? What is your biggest ambition in life? Do you feel as though you have to choose between your ambitions and your family, or are your family your biggest ambition?
@BigMoney25 (1214)
For me it's becoming a CEO of an IT company I mean it's always been my dream that's why I word hard to reach that and I don't talk much I just do it like what will smith said in the movie pursuit of happiness: "You want something? Go get it! Period!" As simple as that.
@GemmaR (8526)
Well that sounds like a really good ambition, and I think that you should be proud of yourself if you're willing to put that amount of work into it. When I was younger, I had a lot of things that I wanted to do in my life such as own my own company, but now I just don't think that I have the amount of time as I thought that I would have because I know that I wanted children while I'm quite young and this means that I would never be able to put enough time into a business that it would require to make it work properly for me.
@doroffee (4230)
• Hungary
I don't have too big ambitions, I guess. I just want a steady job I like and a nice family life... and a cat :).
@GemmaR (8526)
I wouldn't say that my ambitions are the biggest, either. Having a family is something that a lot of people take for granted as something that is just definitely going to happen, but the fact is that a lot of people don't manage to have a family, so we are very lucky if we manage to do so. There is nothing that I would like more than to be able to settle down with my partner and have a couple of children to look after, as I think that I would be happier having a family than I would be if I had an amazing career.
@WakeUpKitty (8706)
• Netherlands
My only ambition is to be/feel happy. I want the same for my kids. I don't care about making a carreer since this is just a short moment in life and has nothing to do with who you really are, what you stand for. I want them to feel free, to do what they like, to express themselves in the ways they like. They are all great students, with a higher till high intelligence but that won't help them to be a good person and to feel happy their entire life. Being who you (really) are will.
@GemmaR (8526)
I agree with you when you say that being happy is one of the most important things in our life. I have a lot of friends who are in highly paid jobs with big houses and flash cars, and they're the envy of all of our friends, however I don't think that they're happy and I feel very sorry for them because of this. Although I might not be the richest person in the world, at least I know that I am happy in the things that I do in my life and with my family. As long as we're all happy, I don't really care about how much money we have.