I disagree with the doctor's opinion

When I posted on here about my older daughter's "allergic reaction", and my friend's son having the same symptoms, some of you mentioned fifth disease/slapped cheek syndrome/parvovirus. I researched this, and looked at pictures, and I agree 100%, especially as my other daughter and my son now have it too. But I took my other kids to the doctor today, and he refused to consider my opinion. He insisted that my baby daughter had also had an allergic reaction, and that my son, who had mild eczema a couple of years back, is suffering from eczema again. It looks nothing like eczema. It isn't at all itchy. And it is exactly the same as what his sisters have. My friend who is a nurse, another friend who works in childcare, and my son's teacher who has 20 years experience, all agree it is slapped cheek syndrome. But the doctor didn't want to hear it. He gave my son hydrocortisone cream for his face - no way I am going to use it. He also suggested I use it on my 19 month old daughter, though he said hers was just an allergy. I will just go with my own instincts and the opinions of the people I know and trust.
Doctors, unfortunately do not always know the answers. And actually in my opinion, I find they guess more often than not and do not change their view until you come back time and time again stating the symptoms have progressed or not changed with their 'treatment'. You can always go to urgent or extended care to get another opinion.
I would go to the drop-in centre in town, but I am certain I have got the diagnosis right. If I had any doubts I would seek another doctor. From what I have researched my son is still in stage 2 and will be contagious til he reaches stage 3. Its not a serious illness, but I still need to keep him home from school
If you don't listen to what the doctor said, well it is your choice. You shouldn't consulted to the Doctor at first. If you won't gonna agree to him. If you're doubtful with the Doctor you can always have a second opinion.
@barehugs (8986)
Doctors are people too! Just because I haven't had a medical for over 30 years is no reason to believe that I don't believe in Doctors. Any one can make a mistake and although Doctors generally have good records, there are misfit Doctorsout there. Take everything your doctor says with a "grain of salt," and don't worship your doctor, as if he was some sort of God, and you will do just fine!
@ShyBear88 (18496)
Some times a mothers instincts is way more correct then any doctors. If several others agree with you and one doctor doesn't then I think you and them are all correct. Some times mothers know best when it comes to there own children. If you know what something looks like and they had it before and know something looks different then you know its not what the doctor says it is.
Sometimes Dr's are not always right or are just plain lazy. If you feel the advice of others are more credable go with what they are telling you or seek a second opinion.