Thunderstorm!

An hour ago I went outside and it was just light rain. It has been hot and sunny all day. Light rain was forecast tonight, so I expected that, but just now I went outside and found myself soaked to the skin within a minute, and lightning flashing all around me. It's SO beautiful! My partner has been training for his new career today, and has fallen asleep on the sofa. I woke him to see it, but he shouted at me and fell asleep again within moments, so I am enjoying the storm by myself. Do you like storms, or do they scare you? I haven't seen a storm like this for years. Its really intense.
For me, I have to say that it really depends on the intensity of the storm. We have some thunderstorms here that aren't really that intense and when we have those in the evening, I really like to turn out all of the lights and listen to the rain and thunder and watch the lightening. However, we've been having more thunderstorms in the last couple of years that have been threatening tornados and I really don't like those because of the fact that they are so dangerous to people that are around here and deadly, so when we have those kinds of storms, I will huddle in the center of the house.
@megamatt (14331)
There are few things that are more awful to me in this world than a well placed storm. Especially when it happens when I am working on something right on the computer. Because, as we all know, it is a smart thing to shut down the computer and any other electronics like the television in the middle right of the storm, which is frustrating when I am trying to get work done. Although I do admit there is a morbid beauty about the lightning that rather is interesting. Providing the lightning is rather not that close. There have been times where it is touched down right outside of my window, scorching the grass, which is a bit too close to comfort. Storms are rather unfortunate, but if they happen when I'm sleeping, then they are perfectly acceptable, unless they are too noisy.
@TazRes (827)
I watch storms if they are not to bad. I am afraid of very high winds and large hail. I remember last year we had a very bad storm the wind was very high and I looked out of the window and trees were bend over so bad I hurried up and went to the basement praying a tree would not fall on the house.
• Guatemala
Sometimes, a storm is good news. But, remember, if it continues for a long period, you might just be enjoying something that killed a person.