...it wasn't being rich, stupid!

I was applying for jobs for temporary and possibly full time work because I felt that I need to change something in my life and do more productive things. I will admit that once I do find a job, I gonna make it as an excuse to get out of something that I really want to let go. I was applying for a job with some friends who are either resigned for work for various reasons or like me, they want to find some more in life. whatever that is, I;m not sure and not my business. Anyway. I don;t what one of my acquaintance's problem is but he kept barbing comments down my way. He was kinda hinting my presence in the group or in the place. Why should I get I job when I am supposed to be 'rich'. I tried to shield him off but ride on his jokes - I joked that I am greedy and I want more money - and I did it in the most candid way. he didn't get the joke and says that I should go home and just do rest and leisure because my parents definitely can afford it. I just kept quiet but my friend already knew that I am holding back my anger and physically assault the guy (even if I am means capable). Some of them know my reasons for doing so and this guy just want to ruin the whole thing. I don't get his attitude. he might not be one of my friends but at least he should have kept his comments to himself, especially if he knows they are absolutely false. He has no right to judge my motives or my actions. It's not being rich or getting money, it's doing something in my life so that I can at least claim something for myself. I can only thank my friend because he made walk away before I do something stupid. I really can't stand that guy and I'm gonna give him my 'bad look' glare whenever I meet him (if ever again!)
@Lance26 (957)
Well sometimes we need to encounter people like this guy so that time will come when another one with the same attitude comes along you certainly know how to deal with them. If I were you, would have told him directly my reasons why I want to have a job rather than ride on his jokes which was seemingly didn't work for him.
Well, I don;t really want to pick a fight with him and I really want to somehow get back at him because the comments did hurt - that's the reaosn why I joked. I really don't care for his reasons - it's just the message he's giving me that i have a problem with. I don't pry to his business but I do hear sum stories concerning him, which I still consider as none of my business. I just hoped that he should have at least minded his own business and not poking into mine.
@Lance26 (957)
And unfortunately, still he didn't get it. Insensitive I must say. Then again you could have told him straight forward without looking as if you are picking a fight with him or he's just that relentless or pushy?
Not my fault anymore if he still can't get it (while others do). I didn't really want tot tell him because I thought that the situation will lead to more nasty stuff. I can be very forceful when I'm pissed. So I wasn't really taking any chances. I thought (and perhaps, my friend too) that it;s better to walk away and let go off some steam. Personally, I think eh was baiting me for some reason that i can only imagine.
That's a low blow coming from a guy, he's very insecure to boot. unfortunately, he will regret saying things like that. i hope time will make him apologize to you, some people can't really distinguished jokes. you know haha i did engage with some of conversations with my former female trainees. but it ended up as an insult i had no idea i insulted some. so, these days i'd rather be quiet and careful with the conversations.
I do think he is but I was not caring when he said that. I was more focusing on how could I kick his bottom and teach him a lesson. For the mean time, I really don't want to see him and I don't know if my set will make us made up or maybe I'll just let go and move forward. I agree that some people can't pick on subtle tactics or maybe he did just want to bait me. I dunno that's his problem. At least, you didn't get into too much trouble.
@doroffee (4230)
• Hungary
Now that's a thing I hate, either. I mean, I'm not wealthy, but my parents would keep me as long as I'm studying and provide anything. But I just to feel what I can earn by myself. And there are people who tell me off, either because they think I'm crazy for doing this, or they think I get job opportunities instead of people "who need it more". That's just silly. Everyone is going to employ the best they could get, and we can't really tell them off for this. If you don't get employed, you weren't the best candidate, and it's clearly not the other candidate's fault.
I was preparing myself that I should not be dependent on what my parents have because they will still need some of their money to live. And I think i have the skills and talent to be employed, if not start something of a business on my own. I just hate the fact that some people had the nerve to exclude people who want to work not just because of money. Every one needs money (no question about that) in various degrees but it isn't a license to tell people to stop working or stop seeking work. It's better to just focus on yourself an not on others because really, they are not living my life or have the same experience as I do,.