Ladies handkerchiefs and gents handkerchiefs

@vandana7 (64702)
Ok..I find it very strange that the kerchief that gents use is large while we are supposed to have those small dainty little pieces as handkerchiefs, Why of why this discrimination.. In fact, we need it more..we cry more.. Right? Your call..
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Bags or Purses? Whatever they might use, for ladies these are already over stuffed... Where is the space for bigger kerchiefs And wait... there is another one - ladies also use too much of makeup... Larger kerchiefs means a larger waste - ladies are more eco(economy)-friendly. Use smaller kerchiefs as they know the stains will never get cleaned. So they save on cloth, detergent, electricity (though a Longer list) and they also provide jobs to many more as they need more kerchiefs.
@vandana7 (64702)
Oh yes, I am overstuffed, ate three chapatis today..
@loonys (418)
Man are dirty.
@vandana7 (64702)
I agree mel..
@shibham (17025)
What mel? And aai, u 2. :(. At least i am not.
@loonys (418)
@akp100 (13328)
Lol... No gents complains why there purse are so small in compare of ladies.. It's about leveling..
@vandana7 (64702)
Hey think about it, we carry a lot of things in there..including make up kit, emergency stuff. So we do need big ones.. No leveling because it is not logical. Men dont wear lipsticks, they dont have long hairs to comb, they dont powder their faces, or wear deos. Think of it logically... If I do cry and a gent offers his handkerchief for me to wipe my ears and nose, I could be catching so many infections, vice versa when I return that kerchief, the gent would receive some. Whoever created this possibly wanted gents to treat ladies like flowers to that we would never cry. But see how you all are..
@akp100 (13328)
We all are !!! I guess even girls can use big one in that case...
@vandana7 (64702)
I'd prefer to make guyz cry..
@kalav56 (11503)
This must have originated from the idea of men doing more strenuous physical labour. THis would give rise to their perspiring much more than what women would do.Do not apply this in today's context of air conditioned rooms.It must have been a bygone practice when women were homemakers[I know you are now going to ask me that they also did sweat it out under the hot stove through the day and did have intense labour.THey were at home and could resort to towels ]and little dainty outings to a park or so could do with a small handkerchief. If you are going to refer to tears I do not know.THe practice must have continued and probably by the time the liberated woman came to the fore she cried less. Nice topic!
@vandana7 (64702)
And nice response Kala..didnt think of this..
@vandana7 (64702)
But kala dont you think this should change? Nowadays we women go out too...
@kalav56 (11503)
Let old and [even young] seasoned women like us change.[for one, we work hard; secondly we cannot expect any such gallantry from our men]So, we can have our big utility handkerchiefs. Let the poor little young girls cherish their romantic notions of being offered a larger kerchief by their men[to wipe their tears] Thanks a lot for the BR Vandana!
@thanks1961 (7049)
In fact it is a mind-set of the people to follow in such a way and I am totally against it. Most of the time I used to carry the small ones which normally ladies use. It is just because I don't want to carry the big sheet of cloth always in my hand I hate to have such a thing in my hand. Earlier, when I was in my native place, I used to use the big one as the humidity and the chances for swetting more and I really need a big one. Also, now the mobile taken up the responsibility and my hand is fully occupied with the mobile wherever I go. As I don't like to keep the (hanki) in my pocket, I prefer the small ones which I found more comfortable and convnient. So, it doesnt matter who and why it is - I think we should decide which one should use and what is our requirement and we can change all mind sets related to many other such matters.
@vandana7 (64702)
I accept it that humidity makes it necessary to carry larger ones. But we ladies perspire too!!!! So if we are going out, we need larger ones too.. I am one of those who perspires a bit more than the rest. So I like gents handkerchieves. **sheepish look*** But when I ask for it in shop I feel embarassed because they look at me as if I am a specimen. When I carry it around others think I am carrying my pa's kerchief, which is not the case. I hate going to sophisticated places because I cant be seen with those gents kerchiefs, and fashion designers simply wont make it fashionable even though it is common sense..
Hi, Doesn't matter... Everyone's requirement is differnet and we need to cooperte with our needs. Just an example, most of the ladies carries their bags at travles, office, and wherever they go. But everyone's basis not similar and all are differnt in size, pattern, design, cost etc. All got their own likings and they prefer what they like. Though we cannot compare bag with the napkins, when it comes to our own requirement we will compramise with certain things. Also, doesn't care if you carry a large towel with you and if found inconvenient, you can keep it in your bag or vallet, and use it whenver you needed. Regards
It is quite ones decisions or wish to use a long or short handkerchiefs and it is not a discrimination
@vandana7 (64702)
It is not.. You go to a shop asking for a handkerchief..they will show you larger ones. I go to a shop and ask for a handkerchief - they show me smaller one. Injustice..discrimination... I simply dont know whom to sue..
@kalav56 (11503)
Oh Vandana! It is not discrimination but an honour .Look at it this way THey think of women as gentle dainty little creatures[how would fairy tale damsels have been?]and small handkerchiefs are an offshoot of this. Tiny things are associated with elegance; women are associated with elegance.Be happy instead of calling it injustice.It is a "gallantry" of a sort.
@lampar (7597)
So Gent handkerchief is bigger than lady's handkerchief because it is discrimination. I suppose you are right! May be this Gent has a bigger nose, he should use a small dainty little piece like lady normally use. It is so strange, he cry so little, but want to use a large handkerchiet insteadof left it for the lady. Go figure it out yourself.
@vandana7 (64702)
Bigger nose does not mean that he is always blowing his nose, right? And even if he has bigger face..so what. We dont use hankies to cover face, right? Hankies are used to wipe away sweat by men, and to wipe away sweat and tears by women. So it is necessary to increase the size of women's handkerchiefs instead of looking at them oddly when they use larger handkerchiefs. At least I feel so..
@JER616 (551)
Men need bigger handkerchiefs because they usually perspire profusely than women. Besides, since men do not have a habit of carrying lots of paraphernalia compared with girls, a bigger one will enable them to use this for other "wiping" needs except of course in using the bathroom. Nonetheless, I don't see any reason why girls cannot use bigger ones. I suppose there are no laws or ordinances prohibiting women from using bigger hankies. If you need it more, then go get a bigger one. No one is stopping or preventing you.
@shibham (17025)
Aai, u have sarees or girls have urni to absorb tears. Lol
@annavi23 (6302)
Ohhhhh...the gents have bigger sizes of handerchieks than women cause their hands are much bigger than us and they sweat a lot. But I know some guys or men do use towel kerchiefs not hankies... Well, ladies can cry and sneeze on tissue papers or paper towels. But most of them I know still uses hankies...and I am one of them...