American Idol for Filipinos

Does anybody know why the American Idol is no longer shown in local channel? I think it was on QTV Channel 27 or Studio 23, last time. I have never heard Jessica Sanchez sing, until yesterday when I checked on youtube. I don't have cable, so I would really miss out on each episode. She's really good, by the way. I hope Filipino community in the US would all support her.
Last night , we have seen the replay of that episode where Jessica sang Proud Mary of Tina Turner and You are Beautiful. She sang the second one so beautifully, but it was the black guy that had a standing ovation from the judges and i have to agree, that he's so good indeed. In my opinion, Holly and Jessica will compete for the 2nd and 3rd place.
If that happens, Jessica will match what Jasmine Trias has achieved in the previous season. And, I would say Jessica is really much better than Jasmine. If only she gets as much support on the votes.
bwahahaha- the reason that he's getting a constant standing ovation is because he's a favorite and probably want to harm his game by making him become part of the revenge factor of the american voters, they're trying to imitate the way it backfired on Jessica Sanchez when they used to be making standing ovations of her. I have been watching since top 12 and i think this person is not that good compare to Jessica, i mean he's totally and completely shy in person.
Ay ganun ba? I was impressed though by his performances. Though i noticed , it seems it's with too much effort when he sings the very high notes, unlike Jessica. Actually, it was just the other day that i had the interest to watch American idol, because of Jessica.
@nicanorr (1789)
Yes, all Filipinos should join hands in a way to support Jessica Sanchez. She's our pride. If judges have gone out of their way to protect Jessica from being voted out. It is because they fully understand the brown Filipina is a world class singing jewel. Type "Update about Jessica Sanchez" to be apprised of her current status.
I'll check that out. Thanks. I really hope she'll make it farther than the previous Filipina contestants.
@nicanorr (1789)
She's currently occupying Idol's top 4 rung. Her performances is likened to Manny Pacquiao's zoom to popularity with the goal to declare her this season's American Idol.
Do you think Manny's stardom has its influence on Jessica's success, by far?
@obe212003 (2302)
You can view it on channel 9 every thursday and friday, 1 pm and 6 pm. Actually you can support her too, just go to the AI website and vote online, and you can vote 50 times. Jessica is really a joy to watch and really makes me proud to see her being on the top four.
Oh really? Too bad, I don't have Channel 9, either. We have very bad reception on that channel. I will check on the website, and see how I can help. Thanks for the info.
Hello obe, You should mention the TV network and not the channel because it could be a different channel location to some one else. she is a joy to watch because her talent is amazing for a 16 yr old petite. she truly choice songs that are hard to sing to get an advantage and complement from the judgees, she doesn't choose too much used songs.
I assumed its RPN9. Am i right, Obe?
yeah youre right , AI is not in a local tv channel right now , but if you are true fanatic of this show, you must subscribe for your local cable provider..
I'm not really a die hard fan, and I usually only want to watch foreign contests if there are Filipinos or half breeds in the finals.
@lady1993 (18607)
Yeah, I am quite angry when I knew that Qtv didn't get American Idol anymore- they got it for 3 seasons, i wonder why etc has it now. Etc has really bad reception anyway but it has the best shows. Like, next TOp Model, Runway,VD, all fun American shows.
How do you get ETC on your local channels? I heard its a free channel, and you don't need cable or satellite service for that. But, we don't have it on ours.
@mensab (4207)
there must be a local channel that shows american idol so that filipinos become familiar and proud of their own jessica sanchez. it is good that there are some supporters of jessica who posted her songs in youtube. now, we can still watch her perform. i hope she wins the competition.
The first one who responded said its on Channel 9, but bad thing is I don't have it on my tv. So, I'd just have to check out youtube for her recorded performances. I first saw one last week, and I was truly amazed by her powerful voice. It doesn't look like she was the one singing. Her singing voice is just so different from her normal voice.
@maharlikah (1045)
Never did I watch Jessica on any of her performance for we do not have the cable connection. I only heard it when news anchor of my favorite local channel talks about it.