Is cricket the only game with some math in it?

@vandana7 (55326)
I mean look at the way statistics are presented..mind is constantly being bombarded with statistics which requires you to do some calculations. In fact, I have started using bowling averages, and required runs etc., to teach my student the basics of math. Do you find cricket interesting because of its statistics?
@thesids (22455)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Now I know for sure why I dont like cricket... There's too much of Numbers involved rather the game play
@himzey (1321)
They just try to make the game boring by putting all that stuff. If some team plays as per the average required then what fun will be left in it..?
@thesids (22455)
• Bhubaneswar, India
IPL or Indian teams play well sometimes but only at home in recent days I guess... but still cricket doesnt interest me as now my only fav Dravid is out! I have no one to follow today
@himzey (1321)
Youngsters are quite promising but I like Gambhir. He's got some class.
@himzey (1321)
Yeah there are way too much stats involved now a days. But you can't predict something till the last ball is bowled. That's what makes it exciting.
@thesids (22455)
• Bhubaneswar, India
hi himzey speaking of predictions... with all those stats, please predict when Ms Vandana respond back
@himzey (1321)
Hi sid bro !! Yeah. Its strange she hasn't responded back yet. Is she angry at us again ? I have this weird feeling that I'm gonna get spanked by someone pretty soon.
@thesids (22455)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Yikes! So that seems to be a not-so welcome prediction to ask for... The second one for my last days of MyLotting... I hope all is well with her
@ram_cv (16516)
I think that has more to do with the obsession of Indians with statistics. If you go over to Europe you will find that Europeans similarly rattle out football statistics. If you go over to Americas you will find NBA stats or NFL or MLB stats being thrown at you. So I believe that all sports have stats being thrown around. Cheers! Ram
@vandana7 (55326)
Stats is one thing. But ratios? Do those games have as much of ratio calculations? I mean in cricket - we are constantly thinking - now we need so many runs per over. Required run rate is so much.
@Jotomy (5707)
Hi vandana garu, how are you doing? Your idea is excellent, whatever the way teach must understand by the students you are teaching in a simple methods which easily can understand by the students because they like cricket they learn perfectly. Teacher always seek the new methods to implements so that they students can understand properly and easily. Have a nice day.
@vandana7 (55326)
Actually, it is fun watching them learn some math while they watch the the matches.
@akp100 (13163)
Hi Yes I like Cricket for many purpose and one of them is this also. Surely its keep running mind during the play especially of Captain of the team. I guess not only in cricket but there are few other games like football in which also need different kind of strategies during play.
@vandana7 (55326)
Strategies or not, nothing is as good as cricket to teach children some maths. My kiddos are enjoying it and learning simultaneously. Fun and learning, wow.
@shibham (17025)
Yes Aai. Regarding the mathematical solution and calculation, cricket is funny and interesting but now a days it is going to be hard as the records are going high. I mean in early years of cricket history the scored run of a team was in between 200-250 but now you cant assume. It may reach 500 one day. lol have a nice time.
@vandana7 (55326)
Yes Shiby. :) But it keeps everybody at the edge of their seats, right? :)
@veganbliss (3891)
• Adelaide, Australia
Yes, that's a good idea... teach the students maths using cricket! There are so many areas of maths that can be applied to cricket. It's a real numbers game. Strike rates, run rates, bowling statistics, player statistics, grounds statistics, crowd statistics... it's got the lot! I must say that cricket's statistics are not what first attracted me to the game, but it does make it just that little bit more interesting than most other sports. I like the Classic Catches myself.
@vandana7 (55326)
Actually constantly calculating the required rates per over or strike rate, etc. increases the speed at which these kids start calculating. :) I am actually impressed at the way they are learning ratios thansk to IPL. :)