Why scam sites still operate?

We are familiar with scam sites and we often heard new or old sites that became scam. But I don't understand the reason behind why those scam sites still operates for a long period of time? For sure they got lots of complaints from their members and reported them to the authority. do you have any idea where to report those scam sites? Is there no law for such cruel thing? your views please.
@wittynet (4131)
Yes. I am very familiar with these too good to be true promises. You have a very good idea that we need to report them so that they'll stop their operation. Here's the link that I found: http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/reporting.php The only problem here is as we try to stop them, other scammers try to create new scam sites. They're like mushrooms popping up everywhere.
Yes we all need to report those scam sites. If we cannot stop them at least we can warn other people about it. Good thing you shared the link. But can all sites fro different countries be reported to the link you provided? If they create new sites, at least we are more aware of their tactics now. And if all people will join together to report them their business for sure won't last long.
@ryanong (9694)
• Vietnam
i totally agree with this: "They're like mushrooms popping up everywhere."...
@wittynet (4131)
They have a list of countries at http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/reporting.php .
@lady1993 (19699)
Maybe no one is reporting them. It is quite sad too since people who are still new t earning money might get fooled by them . I agree that there should be a law to punish these scammers so not many sites would think of fooling people.
I really hope there is a law for it but we all know that it is impossible for now.
@ryanong (9694)
• Vietnam
yes, it is not easy to catch them, just all internet surfer should know and protect ourselves only.
@DoctorDidi (7030)
The answer is simple. It is to cheat more and more people who are not aware of its nature.
so sad many people fell in this trap and still counting each day.
Some people cheat and some people are cheated. It is the order of the day.
Dear You know what?I was thinking the same thing.I mean I have gotten scammed before and its very dissapointing.I really hats the fact that there are people that do this to humble people like us and get a calot of money for it!I commented on another discussion like this one and still cant understand the fact.I have not heard of any law that has to do with scam sites but I hope there will be one.
hi, I know many people are also a victim of scam. I am not scammed yet with big money involved but I am concerned to other innocent people who do not know how to recognize if the site is legit or scam. I worry for them. A law must be made to stop all these. But with the comments I received in this discussion, I think it made me understand more why there is no law for it in other countries and why it is so hard to recognize a site if they intend to stay as legit or not.
@mervyn07 (437)
It is because there are still a lot of greedy people around.
yes, greediness is the root of all this. those people behind the sites which never intend to pay their members are so greedy.
• Liechtenstein
I don't know where do you report them. But I do know that in certain countries they are law against scam sites but in other certain countries they don't. So if you eliminate as much scam sites as possible. New ones from countries without such laws will appear to replace the old ones. So apparently they are hard to get rid off.
So maybe those countries without law for it must start doing a law now. It is still a crime to scam others. I think scammers are using proxy sites to hide their location. I want to get rid off them to stop all these, if only I could.
Scam sites still operate because there are still people who are being stupid to still fall on their trap. It's just like the situation of a predator - prey relationship.
@ryanong (9694)
• Vietnam
We are familiar with scam sites but there are many people out there are not. They still can earn money so that scam sites still exist and are opened more...so sad for it...