You might agree with my mother and I can understand..

You may not know this But,I was homeless with my daughter for two years before I got my housing voucher to live in my own place. I have to pay rent on what ever income I have. My daughter is getting a large check and has a job. On the 26th of last month. I told her I needed to contact the people and let them know about her checks and that she would have to pay her share of the rent. she out right told me that she was not paying shitt. and that I better get it from adrian. I told my mother that I was not willing to lose my voucher for my daughter and she said,that is a shame to hear that from a parent. I was not about to agree with her because like I told her. I don't know anyone who would sleep in a shelter for that long for their own apartment. going homeless again is not an option. She said,to me she would talk to my daughter about paying the rent. But,I don't want that to happen. I will be removing her from my lease after she gets all her things out. I already told my landlord what is going on as well. would you go to a shelter and sleep in a room with 21 other people just to have a place to call your own.. That is the only way now to get a voucher.
How dare she! Your mom doesn't fully understand. You lived through all that, you did. Not many people know but when my daughter's kids were taken away and I got gaurdianship she was homeless for quite awhile. She wasn't allowed to stay in the same house with her kids. She could come visit but then she had to leave. I would remove your daughter from your lease too. For all the things you and Adrian have given her and for her to not even feel an inkling of a need to help you out now is just beyond thought. She is so selfish! We were on a list for a voucher for several years before my daughter finally got on. (I have same acess to it as she does but it is in her name)We have lived in these apartments now for about twelve years. Before that we had a small apartment that was all we could afford and lucky the landlord would let all of us live in it. I have been homeless too but not for long. I always found a way out. It is a perilous life that is for sure.
I will be taking her off my lease as soon as she gets her things out of this apartment. I know the landlord will not want her on the property after that so I will wait.
Wasn't your mother also one of the people who said that you should hit your daughter to get her to behave? Honestly, it sounds as though you need to limit your contact with your mother. I don't know if or when you and your daughter will work through your issues. However, your mother doesn't sound like any sort of positive influence on the situation. Continue working with your counselor. Hopefully, your daughter will eventually get the therapy that she so seems to so desperately need.
My mother told me to beat the crap out of her and she will act right. I did not listen and everyone keeps saying I was wrong not to beat her. what I look like hitting a child as big as me that is a beat down like a stranger in the street.
I Sharon. Knowing your situation, I would NOT take any chances that would cause me to Lise my apartment. Your mother can throw guilt at you all she wants to, but she hasn't offered to out her house in jeopardy for her. She is not living in your shoes. I'm sorry, but Kay is out of control. She is a detriment to you. My answer is NO I would not lose my apartment due to her actions. So when is she leaving? Did you get the police over there when she broke your TV? You have got plenty of reason to have her out in jail. Jail is the only thing that will cool her jets. I've never had a daughter so troubled or so mean. You two have had a dysfunctional history for a long time. There's nothing you can do to repair it now at her age. It's just up to her to start growing up to parent herself. We all have to keep ourselves in check. She is no different. Jail will teach her that much. Tough love is hard on both sides but it is necessary. I don't think she should ever live with you again until she can act right.
The tv is not broke the wire she pulled out broke. the cable man just left. I have the police reports and we go to court next week.
Agree with your Mother!?!?! HELL NO! Your Daughter as you know has had some reality checks and still doesn't understand that the world is not a game. You guys were homeless and no one wants to live in a shelter. It would be the responsible thing for her to pay her own share to keep the apartment otherwise.... GOOD BYE! You've been under alot of stress and I don't think your Mother is helping you in this matter one bit! If she's so concerned where was she while you two were homeless?!?! Why isn't she stepping up to the plate to care for KK? It's grand to criticize when she's not walked in your shoes and clearly hasn't. IGNORE HER!
She was in her own home and so was the rest of the family. I chose to be on my own so we did what we had to to make ends meet.
@laken02 (3067)
no i would not, me and my daughter when we were having problems, she wanted me to do things that i knew hubby would not like and get him mad at me. and i always told her no.. and she would get mad .. and i told her straight up, i cannot pay rent by mfself on what paycheck i make and if it were not for my hubby i would be homeless.. and i told her she is an adult and i would pick my hubby over her anyday and i would becasue she is mostly in the wrong and my hubby is a good man and say i picked my daughter over him and had to move , we me and my daughter qwould have no place to live.. so i told her upfront.. no way.. you are an adult and i will pick my hubby anyday.. becasue he is a good man... so i see your point and dont blame you at all..
@winterose (39918)
you have got to stop living in the past, you have adrian you have a chance at a new life but you refuse to live in the present and wallow in the past.
No, I don't think I would go to a shelter unless I absolutely had no where else to go. Your daughter should be offering to help out more, including chores, and paying part of the rent since she is turning 18. (I believe I read this in a previous post). Time for her to grow up and accept responsibility.
It is sad that the situation has gottten this far. I am praying for you.
@bodhi_91 (193)
I do not understand why your daughter is not helping you. Please don't take it otherwise but children should understand that how much efforts their parents have put for them. It takes a lot of hardships to carry a child in the womb for 9 months, and then take care of them when they can't even say if they are hungry or thirsty. Only cry and the mother has to understand what the child needs. If I were your daughter, I would have given my money to live under the same roof. But its her decision. So have nothing to say. Good luck with you dear.