My Grandma is dating!

My Grandma is 86 years old. My Grandad died 20 years ago, and she had a male friend a few years later, but he died at least 10 years ago, and she said she was done with men, she couldn't stand to have another man in her life who would just die and leave her alone again. On one of her social club trips this year, she began talking to a man who organises the trips. He is a widower, a year younger than she is. She was very secretive about it at first, worrying that people would think it was stupid that she is dating again, but its been a few weeks and she is obviously smitten with him. She turns into a giggly schoolgirl when she talks about him! She called me today, and she put him on the phone to speak to me. He seems anxious to make a good impression with our family. He is keen to meet us all, and told me my Grandma is a very special lady (which of course I already know, she is my favourite relative!) and he will always treat her like a lady, and worships the ground she walks on. I will be meeting him tomorrow, with my kids - if they don't scare him away, nothing will, lol. Some people might think its wrong for an 86 year old woman to be dating again, but I think its lovely. She has been lonely for so long, and she is a wonderful person. She deserves to enjoy the years she has left.
@Blondie2222 (22380)
I think it's great that your grandma has finally found someone to treat her well after being widowed for so many years. It's never to late to start over again and cherish the years you have left on this earth. I hope he stays true to his words and treats ur grandma the way she should. So glad she is happy and I hope you're family enjoys him around. Best of luck to you're grandma.
She was really excited for me to meet him, and he seemed nervous to meet me! He's sweet though, and clearly loves my Grandma, so I'm happy
@WakeUpKitty (8706)
• Netherlands
Great your grandma found someone to spend time with, he sounds me like a nice man as well. Try next time not to say by yourself already that some people might think its wront for an 86 year old to date again. There is no need to talk for others. If it's normal to your granny, to you, people will accept it as normal as well. You just wake up a sleeping dog by saying it. I hope you all will have a great day.
I only mentioned it because she is worried about what people may think. I don't see any problem with it.
@palonghorn (5486)
I think it's great that she has found someone to share her time with. And even better that he likes her so much that he wants to meet her family. I also think it's great that someone makes her feel like a 'giggly schoolgirl' at her age, that is wonderful. I'm no where near her age, have been divorced for 7 years now, and at times I wonder if I will find that one that makes me feel like your grandma feels! Good luck to her!
Well when you get lonely, just remember my Grandma, 86 and dating! And she was in her 70s when she was with her previous man! Never too old to find new love
I think your grandma deserves to be happy. Age doesn't matter in falling in love and she can enjoy the rest of her life with more happiness..
That is so sweet and I am happy for her! Everyone deserves to have a companion to talk to and spend time with. Even though she knows that no one will replace her husband who has past away at least she has someone to share her life with
@Shellyann36 (11283)
That is so sweet. I think that older adults should date if they want to. It keeps them from being lonely and keeps them young. I am glad she found someone for her. How did the meeting go with him?
@adhyz82 (36263)
OMG.. iam surprised.. i think the woman which had more than 60 years did not want to dating anymore..
@samson1 (738)
• Jamaica
It's great to know that your grandma is interested in dating again. Do whatever you can to make her enjoy her experience, ok?
@alutka (211)
I agree, love touches us in every age, and beautiful it is that I do not deny it, not ashamed, do not try to ignore.
@cher913 (25890)
that is so cute. i agree with you. everyone deserves to be happy, no matter what age they are!
@Dominique25 (9475)
She deserves to date whoever she wants when she wants to. It is not for anyone to say otherwise. Especially those who for some strange reason would think it's weird. Your grandmother is living a great life. She knows what she wants. If older individuals aren't in a position to date at her age then teenagers,young adults, and even those who are perhaps middle aged are not in a position to date. As we for the most part are still trying to figure out what we want and need in life. I'm happy for her.
For her this is a great thing. I hope when I am her age I am not dating. I would not feel good at all. I want to have my man settled in with b this time. she deserves everything she would like in her life. great post..