My friend called me crying

I could understand her pain. She has no food to feed her and her daughter. This was hard for me because I had to take my sister to buy food this month as well. So,I forgot to pick up a bag of chicken and my daughter said it was to heavy to bring on the train. I called her and told her to go get it from my moms house. she just called me and said thank you. I could hear the joy on her face. Next month I will be taking my sister to shop again. It is the least I can do being she is on hard times as well. Adrian always shares food with me so I feel when I have it I can share with them.
It's good you can help. It always makes me feel good when I can help someone somehow. I went shopping today and spent $88. Its not much but it helps to fill in.
That is all that matters to me as well. helping when I can help.. are you still moving in your place or have you stopped for now.
It's slowly taking shape. We will paint again tomorrow. I will wash the floors in the two bathrooms. Monday the carpet steamers will cone and do that. It will be near the first when we actually move. After the carpet dries after being cleaned we will move our living room furniture over there. We still have the den furniture here to use. I can hardly wait.
I think this is great I know I am excited to do my bedroom over as well. Plus,if I move out kay and she gets her place I will have a storage room slash work out space to fix up. great for both of us.
Where I live you can go to H&W and get emergency Food Stamps. We do have to help where we can. My mom always had alot of extra she helped me alot of times. Ofcourse I lived right over the ditch bank from my grandma's and could go over to her house for dinner any time I wanted. THose were the days. I have no family now. Just me and my daughter and her kids. Sad.
I have only my siblings and my mother here so that is all we can count on as well. I am glad you have someone in your life too.
It is nice to have someone that is for sure.
@haopee (494)
That's really nice of you. A little kindness can go a long long way for people in need. I can understand how hard it is to survive nowadays. I am also experiencing such problems but I am quite thankful that I do not go hungry in a day. My finances are a bit tight but sufficient enough to provide me with my personal needs. What you are doing is a great thing. I am sure your friend is grateful for it and that she would most likely never forget what you've done to her.
I feel good helping when I can. I am glad you have food as well. going hungry is never good to deal with no matter who we are. thanks
That's very nice of you. I really look up to people who never forget to help their friends especially those who are in need. I hope all my friends are like you but what I really hope is to be like you, to have all the means to help my friends who are in need, because sometimes I lack means to extend a helping hand, but I make up by sharing my time to the person who needs it. If only people has the same attitude as you when it comes to helping other, the world could be a better place to live in. Thank you for your kind heart.
I don't have ti like you may think. I just feel I should share what ever possible when in the position to do so. my fridge is low on food and so is my freezer. but,she has nothing so she is worse off than I am . thanks for making me smile.
@MandaLee (3738)
You are so thoughtful. I am so thankful for the Lord's blessings and all that He has given me. Like you, I try my best to help people in their time of needs.
I know how it feels to live without food and that feeling is not a good one. So,when ever possible I do what I can to help others.
@laken02 (3067)
that is a very nice thing you are doing helpig them out like that, you know i have to say in my whole 42 years i can not think of a day that i have been without food or gone hungry.. and i even complain sometimes i will say i dont have anything to eat meaning nothing i want but i am so blessed to have such good fortune to have plenty of food and never know hunger i thank God for this and need to be more thankful as well.. i do give alot of stuff sometimes even food we dont eat we have too much.. but i will give my friend foods we dont eat and clothes and what she dont use she gives to others around her so im helping in that small way..
Giving clothing is a big thing because it can save someone a lot of cash. clothes are really expensive now as well. thanks for the smile.
That was very kind of you. There are food banks, churchs, and aid groups for women and children that your friend and sister can use to get free food. They should definitely utilize these services because that's what they are there for!
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
I'm pity of those friends who have nothing to do how to feed their young children. I just thought my self I don't want it to happened to me someday. That's why I'm extending my arms to them. I had a friend that I know she's shame of telling me that she has no money to buy food and she wants to lend money. Since I also cut my budget this month because I don't have part time jobs, I just give her food like rice, canned goods and noodles. I have no certain enough money to give her but I have enough food in my storage for me and for my daughter who is living with me. Your also a generous person gifts, it is hard for us if we see our friends that are not as fortunate like ours.
It is great that you are able to help people that have fallen on hard times. For me, that is the way that I've always been, I will give away my own food if I have a friend whose children are hungry. Right now, we are going through a really tough time financially, but having some friends staying with us has helped us out a lot because they are paying for the majority of the food, even though they aren't able to help with the other bills. The food itself makes a huge difference.
Your post has moved me, gifts. I have never been hungry in my life and most of the time the food I have eaten has been not only a well balanced meal but also very well prepared. I am aware of the hunger and undernourishment and I play at freerice.com every day to donate rice to the 2 billion undernourished people in this planet. But when You see something like that near you it makes it worse.. I´m sure you will be repaid 10 times. A HUG!!!
@NailTech (6890)
Thats very nice and noble of you. More people should do this whenever able. I feel like we have to help one another in this world wether it be family or friends. I hope she and your sister can get back on their feet again soon. Food prices are so darn high these days it's a wonder anyone can be buying all the food they need.
@TrvlArrngr (4058)
That is wonderful that you can help others in need. It makes you feel good to help them.
@Lance26 (957)
Hi there Gifts. Your name here is well suited for you. Indeed you are a true gift for everyone who needs to be helped. I applaud you for having such generous heart. May I call you up and request for same when I am in need too? LOL
@alutka (211)
yes, very fortunate to have what to eat, unfortunately, more and more often the problem we dotyka.Nie is probably nothing worse than this, that you do not have food for themselves and their children, it's terrible that in such a developed and rich countries is the case.
@sid556 (31005)
I'm with the others on this...that was a really kind gesture. I do the same if I can afford it and even sometimes when I really can't. I have always had good people in my life that have helped me along the way and I figure it is the least I can do..help others. The Karma ...well, you may need that good Karma some day. It always pays off. There was this kid that years ago, I, for whatever reason, saw something "good" in. I don't know what. He'd come in the store and steal and I'd get after him but never turned him in...always held him accountable though. He ended up going to jail at age 17 and I questioned myself for being so easy on him. Hadn't seen him in years and suddenly recently, he has been coming back into the store. He's 30 now and a single dad. Well, tonite, he complained about the prices in the store and asked for a discount saying that he could get the stuff cheaper down the road. I said, "come on now..you got enough discounts here and you are probably the cause for the prices being so high. Besides, down the road, they are not as Cool as we are here." He got all serious and said, "Sid, YOU are what makes this store cool and I very much appreciate all the breaks you gave me." And then he said, " I'm going to embarrass myself and tell you that I had a crush on you" He then walked around and gave me a big hug. I went with my gut on this kid and no regrets. He is doing good in his life now and a real hard worker, great dad and good person
@cttolledo (4855)
That's a virtue.. helping on your own little way..we don't need to be rich first to lend some help.. But i think what she really need is JOB, to have a source of livelihood.
hi gifts you brou ght tears to my eyes. one more reason why I really like you and we have never met. I too when I was living in our own apartment would help anyone I could and if I did not have the food or money I wou d send them to a place where I knew they would get help. I have been in that situation too so do not turn my back on others if I can help in any way.times are so hard now days in spite of some saying the recession is ending, it is not here in southern California at all. still too m any out of work. new p eople on food stamps, families brought to their knees.You are so kind and I know she really appreciated it too. hope times start to get bvetter soon for all of us. hugs from hatley .