I would really like to make a laundry line outside

In the back of my house. I would like to smell the fresh air on my clean clothes. But,I would not know what would be said if the landlord knew I had a washer in here. Now I have this hanging rack and I hang my clothes outside on it. The landlord has seen my rack plenty of times and said nothing. But,if he would tell me to get rid of my machine I would then have to move. so,I guess I will be living without that laundry line..
@cupkitties (7027)
If he wasn't bothered by your clothes line before, he shouldn't be bothered now. He probably assumes you wash them by hand or something. Where I live its illegal to hang your clothing outside.
I could see where it would look tacky some places but illegal I would never think that.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
We normally used laundry line here in my country, even though we have also washing and drier, spinner machine we are used to go out and let our clothes dry in the heat of the sun. Laundry shop are too expensive, machine driers consume a lot on electricity, hanging clothes outside is the best thing for saving money.
@SViswan (12072)
Why is having a washing machine a problem? How else are you expected to have clean clothes? I stay at an apartment in Banglore and there isn't anywhere that we can have a laundry line except in our balconies. I've heard some people complain that it doesn't look so good with clothes hanging out at each balcony...but there's no other choice since dryers are very expensive and there's just one family that I know of that owns one. But I got the building association people to allow me to put up a laundry line on the terrace. Since I stay on the 6th floor and there are just 7 floors, it's not hard for me to put my clothes to dry on the terrace and no one gets to see my laundry in my balcony:-)
@jazel_juan (15767)
oh that is quite hard then... usually here in my country we always have a laundry line because it is hard to dry the clothes without it.
@Loverbear (4928)
I have a laundry line and love it!! I shut down the dryer during the spring, summer and fall months. It saves me a LOT on my electric bill. I was lucky as I was wishing for a clothes line and thinking that I would have to spend a small fortune for one at one of the retail stores. We were in the Goodwill outlet and Bill grabbed my arm and hauled me to the other end of the store. Laying under a table, still in its box, was a five cord retractable clothes line! I got it for $5!!! I have been using it for about 9 years now and totally love it. In the summer I can dry a load of clothes, including blue jeans, in half an hour. The same thing with heavy towels. Plus they come in as soft as if they had been dried in a dryer. I don't see where he could get upset at a clothes line. Especially if it isn't permanent. I set my line up in the carport so that I don't have the birds landing on the clothing and pooping on the clean clothing. It works out great! You still get the great "fresh air" smell in your dried clothing and it is protected from the birds and the bleaching of the sun on your bright colors.
Is there a rule against you having a washing machine? If it does not cause a problem and you pay the bills it should be okay. You may eventually move to a place where you can have the kind of life you want.
We have alot of rules around here too. Can't have the attenas on the buildings, can't have lawn furniture or flower pots out on the lawn. When the lawn guys come they shouldn't have to clean up after all of us. Atleast we have a small back porch or patio. Not much but its home.