Your Very Own Website

@erikmama (12934)
So I finally feel comfortable enough with the web and designs, SEO, etc. that I am going to create my very own website. There are so many interests that I have and I have been going over the things that I wanted to do for a few months now. I have went from everything from paid email website to a coupon website, and have dinally decided that I want to do an online consignment store. I plan to use a free website design/host for the first year until things get going well and I plan to feature a variety of productts for women, men kids and the home. So my question to you is: how you ever created a website? What are your thoughts about it? What are your thoughts of free websites and hosting? So you like online consignment stores? I am open to talk about anything in this category that you want to talk about. I am very eager to start my site, and hopefully make some money at the same time!
@bounce58 (17526)
I have an online store. And my website is still one of those free ones. I keep thinking that I should upgrade into one of those .com ones, but I think that the free site is good for the business for now. If ever my business does pick up, then I wouldn't mind paying for a website that feels a lot more professional. Goodluck with your site.
@erikmama (12934)
I never knew! What is your website There are good and bad free websites. know that you know what I am talking about with a bad website and i am sure this it not the case with you! :-)
I've actually never owned my own website, but a friend of mine designs and helps to maintain upkeep on a few different websites and I've helped him quite a bit with it by doing graphics for him and it is something that I have to say that I enjoy. He taught me about how to get page rankings and that sort of thing. I also know that the maintenance through the host that he is using is really inexpensive. I honestly think that the best thing that you can do is to have a paid host as opposed to a free hose because you will be able to make more in the long run that way.
@erikmama (12934)
'Thanks for that information! I amsure that a paid host will do much better but for the time being ir is my only choice, at least till things get going
@kajal1992 (354)
hi, I always think to upgrade my free hosted blogs to .com domain , but sometime I think, until I will not get good traffic I will not upgrade to .com because I don't earn that much from my blogs that with it I will be able to pay the subscription charge.