Weiner dog in a bun...

@Loverbear (4928)
I've written a lot about my daffy cats, and for the most part the dogs seem normal, until this morning. My routine is that I get up, go to the bathroom and then let the dogs out. My mini Dachshunds have their own pen to sleep in so I have to unhook the gate to let them out. CD, which can stand for crazy dog, does the normal Dachshund thing and wraps himself up in his blanket. He also has the habit of chewing holes in the blankets...his favorite blanket looks more like a Swiss cheese than a blanket. The second favorite has smaller holes in it because it isn't as much fun to chew. I got up this morning to his head poked out of one of the smaller holes. (before you get worried, I make sure that he can't get hurt with any of the blankets, if I feel they are dangerous for him to sleep in I throw them out.) Of course he was excited to see me and experience is impending inspection of the yard. He whined and jumped up and down the best he could with his head in a hole. Then when I opened the gate to the pen he tried to run out the opening. It didn't work! so, in his ever working mind he laid down on the floor and rolled out the opening to the pen. He looked like a hot dog in a bun!! It took me a couple of minutes to unroll the daffy dog, and then free his head from the blanket. It didn't phase him a bit that he looked funny or that I laughed at him. It was a great way to start a pre-summer morning! Again, I am very careful about my critters. If I felt that CD or Little Bit could be harmed by that blanket it would be in the trash faster than you could say humane society! My animals are family and I take care of them like they are family. So rest assured that they are protected and taken care of .
Haha too funny! We have a couple of hole in the afgans...not from our dog chewing but from age...and she will sometimes stick her snout through them and it is more than funny! Glad you had a pick me up so early in the morning.
Have you ever seen a cat being chased by a shopping bag? For some reason cats will get the handles of a plastic shopping bag around their neck and it will scare them and they will run. Of course the bag chases right after them. I have had a cat do this and so has my sister.
That had to be hilarious. Actually we have gotten hotdogs rolled in tortillas, and this would be the same, except not edible, of course. If laughter by itself could heal you, you would be the most well person I know.
@Loverbear (4928)
You're right! With the clowns that I have in dog and cat suits each day provides a great array of opportunities to laugh at their antics. There is always something going on to make me laugh at them. I just wish I had a video camera to record some of them! People can always use a good laugh and with these clowns it would be a constant laugh fest! This is day two on the new medication and the change is like night and day! I have more energy, less pain, and am much happier because I'm not constantly hurting. Laughter does so much to help the healing process, and if these guys keep up with their usual antics I should be healed in no time!
Awww :) My mini will do the same thing sometimes by poking her head out of a hole in her blanket. Those dogs have so much personality and ours definitely brings a lot of joy and entertainment to the family. Everyone loves her and she has the cutest personality. And she loves to get snuggled up in her blankies. Sometimes we can't find her in the house because she's so well-hidden in the blanket
@ElicBxn (60895)
Dachshunds are crazy dogs. I guess anything breed to attack badgers in their own holes would have to be - still, pretty clever of him to figure out he could roll his way out of the pen!
@carmelanirel (20979)
Isn't it sad that we have to defend our abilities as pet owners, because I know you wouldn't allow harm to your pets like I don't allow my girls to be in danger. That does sound funny though, and Dachshunds make the "perfect" hot dog, with their long and narrow shape..