Someone got into my paypal account..

I got an email about me making a purchase. I knew it was not me and thought it was a scam so,I go straight to paypal and yup,$11.78 was taken out for apple i tunes. and another charge was taken out for $5 for the same thing. so,I had to cancel my card even though it shows it was not taken from my card. She will be doing a refund for me in a few days. Here it is I bid on something on ebay and thought I could pay for it. Now,I have to email them that I can't pay right now. What a low blow..
Do you remember when I wrote about tbat happening to me. Call your bank and have them investigate for fraud. It turned out mine was their error and no charges was pressed against them because they owned up to it. I wonder how often they do crap like that!
@Beaufly (994)
Hopefully, that will be the case for gnb as well!
I will be getting an email in a few days. I will go from there. I did not know this happened to you too.
Yep, it did Gifts. They took $39 from my debit card that was hooked to that account. Now I have a useless card hooked up to that account so they can't charge anything to it. They will never steal from me again.
@Beaufly (994)
Sorry this has happened to you. Did someone else have access to your paypal account or was it hacked and now you have to clear it and start all over with a new account? I know that sometimes paypal will freeze your funds because of suspicious activity. I hope that this has not happened to you. I know that can be an extra pain but also a precaution if someone is in there siphoning off your funds. Hoping your load will lighten soon, friend.
I hope this will be gone in a few days. They did not use the card to do it. it was done online some way. But,she made me get a new card in order to get a refund.
@ravisivan (14055)
GSB: how can it happen like this. do not keep the balance in paypal account. I normally take it to my bank account immediately and purchase thro my credit card and make payment thro cheque.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Oh wow, that totally stinks... I hope you already have changed your password and contacted everyone you needed to, which I guess would be the seller and paypal itself.
@vaishnavc (556)
This has ever happened to me before.Try contacting your bank.Maybe it is just some error at their part.
@zhihao12 (364)
Open a dispute and get the money back or you can call paypal for faster result. One thing i don't understand though, why didn't the person withdraw all the money?
I think there are some hackers break the password to go to your paypal acount to buy something,luckily there are the information give you to let you decide to pay. I have paypal acount too ,according to your condition ,I think the seller will notice me ,then a little more safe. Since your acount has already been out information,you need to call the bank to let the account change ,or let the account more safe! And there are some need to investigate the hackers condition!
I got an email a couple of years ago that someone had taken money out. I checked and it was there so I think it was a scam. Can't really trust anything anymore. I wonder who it was. Glad that was the only time I had a problem. I use PayPal as sort of my saving account. With a tad bit here and there it adds up. Hope it gets figured out soon.
So sorry to hear about this. Well such incidents just prove that despite our best efforts to safeguard vital information as passwords, sensitive information hackers find way to break in and steal our hard earned money. But please be glad that you have chosen PAYPAL.. they are the biggest & most secure and honest payment process of the globe. Because of this you are very likely to get back your money. Paypal will investigate and block the account that is usually accessed by the same hacker's PC if any. They will take all the money in his account and issue refunds or freeze it to their benefit. Paypal is a very professional organization. I remember once when a Nigerian fraudster stole my password and used it to transfer almost $70.00 from my Paypal account to his. I immediately contacted Paypal and within 4 business days I was returned my money without any hassles. They told me that they maintain an IP addresses log and that they were monitoring many other spurious transactions happening on the same IP accessing several accounts simultaneously so they blocked that very IP address altogether from their main server and also froze all the money that hacker had in his Paypal account. I felt so happy to have received out of the world customer service and I have been a loyal fan of Paypal ever since. Please do not worry.. I am sure you will get back your $11.78...Best of luck and do keep us posted on the updates. Have a great day !
You should definitely ask your relatives about the PayPal incident first, then change your PayPal password after that, whether your find out who did it or not.
@FrugalMommy (1447)
I could be remembering wrong, but didn't you say somewhere in a discussion several months ago that your daughter had access to your iTunes account? Is it possible that she's the one who made the charges on your PayPal account?
I got an experience like this a couple of years back. Since then I used alertpay (payza). Paypal is somewhat unsecure.
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
I am always afraid that someone is going to get in my account so I take the money out from paypal after I get paid. And additionally, I never login to my account from any other computer except from my laptop because sometimes the passwords are saved or they might have a virus. I hope your bank will investigate this case and you will get a refund soon. If I were you I would change my passwords for security immediately and also notify Paypal.
@laken02 (3067)
the same thing happened to me, i had to cancel my card as well, but i did not request for another one either, i still have pay pal but not there card :( kinda sucks i know when i got paid from mylot they sent it to my paypal and since i no longer had the card i had to get them to send me a check in the mail and it cost me 1.50 to do that. and will take up two 2 weeks to get, i still have not got that money but im sure i will appreciate it when it finaly dose come .. im just glad they did not get any money off me from my card they tryed but it did not go thur and i caught it early enough to cancel the card.. thank God ..