Can you be friends with a "Gay" person without being judged?

this a question that has come up on my agenda lately because everyone is coming out of the closet..i mean people that i have been knowing for a LONG time, are becoming public..most of them, you wouldnt even think it. But my question is, if i am not that way, and they have never came at me in that manner, do i have to stop talking to them so i wont be labeled as one? i mean, i have always noticed some that have feminine ways but i wasnt into all that Gay stuff until it became public. but even my sister is that way and i deal with her all the time, so i think i would be a hypocrite to say i dnt deal with others. Im jus saying, i dnt want that birds of a feather flock together type judgement to be passed on me. But i cnt control others preferences as long as they dont cross the line. so is it possible to still be in their company with out being labeled?
@GemmaR (8526)
I think that the only reason anybody would ever judge you for being friends with a gay person was because they felt uncomfortable about it; no other reason for it really. In this day and age, I would hope that people could be more mature than to act like this, but we all know that it is sadly not the case, and also know that people do tend to judge other for things that are out of their control such as being gay. But I would never let bullies stop me from being friends with people. They are nasty, and there is no way that they are going to make me back down.
lol..who are nasty? Bullies..thats funny..but im not that shallow so i think i will be ok..jus wanted to see what the world thought.
@lady1993 (17676)
I don't think you have to ultimately stop talking to them- i won't...since i am a girl and hanging out with gays isn't really a big thing for us or for society. it's hanging out with gays that people notice more.. You should just be more careful when you hang out with them since they are still your friends but don't get too touchy- people might have the wrong idea.
I only had a problem once with a gay woman and after I set her tail straight she left and never came back. I only have gay male friends so this was never a problem for me. The one female that crossed the line is out of the picture. you should be fine if your friends know you don't go that way..
@ShyBear88 (17427)
Yes it is possible to be in the company of someone that is gay and not be labeled as gay. I can be friends with just about anyone and I won't judge them and if someone thinks I'm gay because I'm with a bunch of gay people then they need grow up and get over themselves because they are around gay people every day of there life weather they know it or not. Being friends with someone doesn't make you like them.
It cannot be avoided to be judged that way if you are a straight guy hanging out with "gay" friends. People nowadays , with the proliferation of "gay" people cannot help but think of a straight guy as gay also , when he hangs out with them. But i don't really care, because i love being with "gay" friends since they are indeed happy people, with lots of jokes and laughs.
I feel if u know what u like and the ppl around u know what u like..i dnt see harm in carrying on a conversation..cause u talk to millions of people n the world and you wont know what their sexuality was. like you my sister is gay and at 1st didnt know how to take that but i got used to it and it became excepted...but ppl gone always talk about what they dnt know, wanna know, and think they know but in the end dont know ish... as long as you knw that's really all that matters and if one get out of line make sure you put em in place so next time they will know...but in al honesty u can get along wit em..
@shylade (3137)
We cannot please everybody so even we don't like it, we can't avoid being judge especially if you have gay friends. There are people who is very judgmental and thinks they have the sole right to exist. Anyways, for me it doesn't matter if you are friends with gay people. Gay people are fun to be with and they are just being true to their selves so we can't blame them. As long as they don't do anything that is destructive to anyone then just go on and be friends with them. Though it is very hard to tolerate other people who's always a bully. It is your choice anyway.
@laydee (12814)
You know what, I don't see the whole point of the matter, perhaps I'm just naive or something like that, but I never came across a situation in my life where gays needed to be picked at or something. I have gay friends and friends who just came out recently. The treatment is the same and nobody laughed or hated them. Perhaps it's because they're professionals and I came to know them as a professional too with higher degree of education. Perhaps it would have been different if it weren't in the same situation. Have a great MyLot experience ahead!