healthy pregnancy eating

By C
@ShyBear88 (16874)
Last night before I went to bed my husband dad saw my facebook statues about how our day was at the doctors office. He was happy I was gaining weight and told me to keep up on what ever the doctor told me to eat. I told him my doctor told me about nothing to eat just to eat a couple more times a day then what I was. Which is what I did. I upped my intake on food and calories I already have a fast metabolism so it's every hard for me to gain weight in general. So instead of me eating 3 to 5 hours a day I eat more like every 2 to 3 hours. Most of me meals are snacks beside the three normal ones I get. So he sends me back a big long comment on what the health experts say a pregnant women should eat while they are pregnant to have a healthy pregnancy and baby. I wanted to reach through the computer and hit him. I eat what ever I want to eat I don't care what the healthy people say I need to eat they are no me and my doctor. My doctor doesn't see anything wrong it's not like every time I go in she is asking what have you eaten. They can't force you to eat anything you don't want to eat. I might not always eat healthy ever day all day long but I eat food a lot of pregnant women eat what they want when they want it and have healthy babies. I did that with my first. Yes I did at the end was told to eat more junk food and lots of red meat with my daughter but right now they don't really care what I eat. I hated when other people try to tell me what a pregnant women should do, what she should eat, and not eat. To me that is between her and her doctor because yes there are some women that need a certain diet or like a certain diet when pregnant and others don't. They say if a women craves something when she is pregnant might was well give it to her. I know with me if I crave then that is all I"m going to want till I get it. I'll ignore it as long as I can and eat other things till I can't stand it. So its like having a treat after a long day or something. I just wanted to say really your going to dad me your not my dad and even then my dad would even try that with me. He knows nothing about pregnancy he wasn't around much when my husband and his sisters where being born. This is his 3rd grandchild but still you think he would just leave me be since its my second time around.
You just said it, he doesn't know Anything about you , babies and pregnancy. With Sugar I worried about you being small Until you told me aboiut how you body is when you are not pregnant. this time I'm happy you are gaining weight but No way am I going to stress you out about gaining more weight. If he had been in contact with you during the time you were carrying Sugar he would have known that. Wait. Hubby has two sisters and you have two brothers! That is so cute!
@ShyBear88 (16874)
Yes we do, but you forgot that hubby has two half younger brothers that are under 10 years old. His dad was in pretty good contract with us when I was pregnant with sugar he did the same things then two which was annoying. I think he feels because he is older he knows all these things but he doesn't. Anyone even a doctor knows every women body is different they all work different before, during and after a pregnancy. For some women its easier to gain the weight some its really hard. If it starts affecting the pregnancy and the babies development that is when the doctors will tell you something. If it doesn't affect the pregnancy they really don't care. When a women is pregnant there main focus is on the baby and how the baby is doing. If the mother is on the small size she isn't losing weight but not gaining any weight but the baby is growing a normal rate they are happy. Most doctors want to see moms gain a little bit of weight and depending how far you make it will depend on it.
Oops! I did forget them, He has a huge family! You didn't gain that much with Sugar and she is perfectly healthy so father in law should shut up!
@ShyBear88 (16874)
Yes that is correct because how much I weight doesn't affect really the weight of the baby. As long as he is getting bigger that is what they are looking for. some weight means the mom is at least taking care of herself even if it's just 5lbs. I gained 12lb with sugar. So far I haven't made it back to my normal weight so I'm gaining but I haven't made it over 106lbs which is when I"ll start really counting how much I really weight and how much I've gained in this pregnancy.