The doctor just said woman should not wear underwear at night..

The reason is because yeast like dark moist areas an this could be something that will cause a problem for woman. I hear of this before and I alos know plenty of woman who don't wear anything under their clothes. I remember one time when tameka came to my house. I was laying on the sofa and got up to get the door. I later went in the rom and she sat in my spot. after she got up and left I can't tell you the awful smell coming from my fraking chair. I had to stop going to her house because she gets high on dust. but,before this she would walk around with her nusing shirt with nothing else. found that gross and she sat all over the cocuch like that. My friend chris told me last night he was there and for that reason he left her home.
@Jessi_T (381)
I do not care what any doctor says. I intend to wear my panties morning, noon and yes at night too! I feel naked without them on. I would rather walk around without pants than underwear. That is just nasty about that person who came to your house. It sounds like not only did she not wear clothes she did not have good hygiene either the real leading cause to yeast growing and infections.
I agree with you mine are staying on all day and night!
Mine too. That's just nasty. She should have kept her funk at home.
I don't feel right without mine either. adrain always say to take them off because it just us here. I say no and keep them on. the funny thing is he feels cold without his on..
Ewww! I could have gone all day without reading that... I wear undies all the time and when I sleep. I only get yeast rarely when I've been on antibiotics.
Thank goodness I never had that before. I hear it itches like crazy...
Thank goodness for Monostat.
I heard of that product as well. I think my mother used it after taking asthma meds.
@lelin1123 (15647)
• Puerto Rico
I heard this years ago so I have not worn underwear in my house or when I sleep for decades now. When sleeping that is really bad because you are under the sheets or blanket and it could create moist where it could develop into an yeast infection. As for going out at night or to someone home I will and have always worn underwear. I think that is just disgusting going to someone place and not being properly dressed.
I agree with ou it wuld not be right to go to others homes like this.
• Sri Lanka
medically correct :)
I'm not comfortable not wearing one. I use to wear it all day. But I know some who are going naked at night when they sleep but I don't know the reason. They say its hot not because of the yeast or something like that.
I agree I know people who go without as well. Take care.
@artemis432 (7396)
Cotton underwear is optimal - it can breathe. Its better to avoid tight clothing - underwear,jeans, leggings etc. Avoid bubble baths and if you're on an antibiotic make sure you take your probiotic and eat plaenty of yogurt. :)
This is good to know as well. I thank you for the info..
There are separate issues here. Your friend (or former friend) demonstrated a lack of hygiene and manners. She could have demonstrated these things in a variety of ways; in this case, it happened to involve a lack of panties. However, that is an entirely different matter than the woman who dons a body skimming, floor-length gown and chooses to forgo panties rather than spend an unpleasant evening with a few strings of fabric creeping uncomfortably (and unhealthily) into certain areas. Whatever route one takes, it shouldn't be overtly obvious to those around the woman. Unfortunately, some seem to have missed that memo--as has been evidenced by a variety of young women.
I see woman all the time with those deep wedgies because they have nothing on. I think that is just tacky as well. I feel in a gown it should be fine as well. But,when they get up the fabric will go inside the body cavity..
@jaiho2009 (36773)
Aw, with or without panties, what matters most is the hygiene. I wear mine all day long- but of course changing at times (hahahaa) I wear only shirts with panties on while at home especially when it is too hot. I wonder if your friend doesn't know how she smells like :x
She must not have known when she sat on my darn couch and left that freaking smell. I was so darn mad that day. ewww
@wittynet (3901)
Whether it's a doctor's advice or not, I prefer not to wear panty and bra at night, but I wear boxer shorts or short cycling shorts.
Wow!
@asliah (11153)
hi, oh really,the doctor said that woman should not wear underwear at night,but i think its not a comfortable one because you dont have underwear at night.maybe they could never sleep at night so well because of no underwear.i cant sleep without my underwear at night.
Well my wife and daughter in laws wear sari and blouse, my wife removes her bra at night, she feels uncomfortable wearing it lol.
@else22 (4325)
I have just come to read this post of yours and it reminded me of a very good book,perhaps by Dr.Adolf Just,years ago.He is in favor of living in close company of Mother Nature and suggests that we should develop the habit of keeping our body fully exposed to sun and air.He wants us to remain naked not only in our house,but also outside.
@mxsn29 (9)
just heard this now. lols, im into medical society, dark does not basically mean night. anyway, if she keeps i moist, well then surely bacteria will stay there. ee, not really for good, but yes I wont go without my undies. hahahha.. what the heck. cant really imagine it, maybe without bra, its ok, but a panty? imagine the friction of shorts to ur perineum area. argghh
Oh my, i can never allow myself to have no panties at night. Though, i must admit that at night, i wear panties that have loose garters and no bra. That way i seem to feel i am so relaxed and my blood can really circulate well while i sleep. I never can go to sleep with a tight panty. It has to be loose. But no panty, oh no.
@enelym001 (8337)
Yaiks that so gross. Even if the doctor says it, that is something I would never follow. I would pee more often in the evening if I don;t wear undies at night.
@jdyrj777 (6563)
Keeping yourself clean by washing through out the day should keep away yeast and/or smells. Unfortunately some females dont know any better. I sometimes wear boxers under a dress. Hey, why should males be the only ones to experience the great freeness of boxers? I have as many boxers as i do panties.
@wongchoiyee (4857)
I only take off when I go to bath.
@Cutie18f (9567)
I would never go around without one. It is so uncomfortable. What if?
@verolop29 (1096)
that is not good im glad u didn't barf..did u? like throw up? anyways u ladies are funny and i enjoy reading what u all said but i wanted to say something. im one of those ppl that have to wear pantie liners everyday. i dont know about any of u but after having kids its just not the same in my 'downstairs area'. i asked my dr and he told me to do keggles. va6inal muscle excersize(i had to put that 6 there because it looks like a g but upside down!)i go through a ton of pantie liners so i can keep dry and not smell. i hardly ever have a monthly cycle because im on the merina. everyday i clean myself and if i even smell something awful i will hit the shower! i dont like smelling bad and its embarrasing but there is nothing else i can think of to do. we're all ladies, is anyone going thru leakage problems
How gross...yuk!! There is no need to smell (stink) if a woman uses proper hygiene and keeps herself clean. I have heard that it is better to sleep without panties but if you do wear underwear to bed it must only be of 100% cotton never nylon or any synthetic as that is breeding ground for moisture as synthetic does not allow your skin to breathe. BTW I have worn underwear to bed for over 60 years and have never had a problem with my body odor or hygiene.
@chicgale (2983)
My Ob once told me not if possible not to wear underwear at home, but I didn't follow it. hehhe I mean, I did try it once but I just don't like the feeling....