I am not inviting anyone that I have to drive to my house...

With that said I don't know why he wants to talk about it when he gets here. He told me to invite my friends. If they can't get on a train and spend 22 minutes getting here I don't need to invite them. I have a hard enough time keeping gas in my car. then he wants me to go 30 minutes b car to pick them up. then get all tired and want some rest and have to take them back.. Then if I am really tired I will have to sleep at his house which I don't want to do. He gets so upset when I talk about the high crime there. But,just a second ago he had to leave his building because of all the cops in the lobby. please... they can spend time with their families that day.. do you tink I am wrong ..
I think these 'freinds' that would depend on you for a ride aren't very responsible. And not very good freinds to have to depend on you or ask you for a ride. I wouldn't want to stay in a high crime area either no matter who lived there. If he wants to see you bad enough he can drive to see you. I don't know what i am going to do with the gas prices going so high. I have the kids appointments to take them to and a couple of them are clear across town. Luckily one major one has moved closer. I am appauled and alittle scared at the rise in prices. I can't afford a full tank of gas anymore and am always affraid I am going to run out.
If I have a quarter tank of gas I will not drive my car. If adrian gets to half a tank he will go get more gas. That is one good thing about him he will gas up both cars. and I try to be good with it because I am not ungrateful. Thanks,
I wish I had someone to full my tank on occasion. I can't remember the last time it has been full. I am lucky to have half a tank for the month any more.
@sid556 (31006)
OMG...me too! I put in 5.00 here and there and just enough to get me to where I need to be. It's ridiculous. As it is, I drive my daughter to and from school and I don't ask her for gas money but she is still in school and really..it's the least I can do. I drive my other daughter around because she has no car and no money. I just get tired of driving.
No, of course you aren't wrong. I agree with you. If your friends want to see you they can find a way to get to your house. I wouldn't invite anyone I had to drive. I don't have my own car. I wouldn't stay in a high crime area anyway. I lived in Brooklyn for about 3 years in the 70s. That was high crime enough when a guy went postal on Lafayette Avenue. I'd never want to live there again.
I am so glad to read this here. I thought I was going to be accused of being selfish. BBut,everytime my friends come here I always have to pick them up and drive them back. I have had enough of those darn cops and can you imagine seeing the numbers all over the ground outside his building. three times that happened when I left my area to go to his. Now,I made up my mind and I have to stick to it. That is not to say I won't go there but to live like I was no way.. thanks.
@doroffee (4230)
• Hungary
I would only drive those people who really-really deserve it (I can count them on one hand) and they really have a proper reason. If a really great friend of mine, for example, is really broke, I'd drive them around to my place once or twice. But if I invite someone, that doesn't include driving their butts around non-stop. Wuth the gas prices this high, I'd go broke if I gave every single relative an acquaintance a lift I invite. Also, most of them can use public transport. That's not that comfortable? So what? If they really want to meet me, they would "endure that unpleasantness and suffering"...
@sid556 (31006)
ok so I've read all the responses and I do think that if Adrian is paying for the gas then that can't and should not be your excuse for not wanting to do this. That being said, I would perfectly understand the not wanting to drive them back home after putting on a big cookout. No doubt, you will be tired and honestly..even if I have the gas money, I get tired of playing taxi cab driver for everyone. If he really really wants them to be there then why can't he drive them? Why can't they find their own way there and home. I don't go to parties and barbecues unless I have a ride to and from. I don't expect the hostess to give me a ride. Why should you? I might do it for a special friend that I really wanted to be there but I would not play taxi driver for the whole bunch of them.