Twins separated at birth marry each other

@laydee (12814)
I came across this video in youtube and found it disturbing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPT174-VfzQ&feature=related
With me it will be ok. Why? I never wanted children. deformed children would not be a worry. I feel sad for the couples who find out they are related. But then again , they Can adopt. It seems like there is always hope.
@laydee (12814)
True. But will it not gross you out or confuse you? Anyhow, I guess it's any one's opinion here, but I would certainly be shocked and will be confused. Perhaps it's because I have brothers and I wouldn't think of having relations with any of them - EVER! hahahaha.. Thanks for the response! Have a great MyLot experience ahead!
I don't have any blood brothers. And how you set it up, the sister and brother didn't grow up together. So I wouldn't be grossed out. It is my parents fault not mine! In fact I heard of a case in England. The brother was much older than his sister. He had left home by the time she was born. They never knew each other. They met as adults and fell in love. They got to stay together because they were made sterile, there wouldn't be any kids. So that's another reason I am not grossed out.I see it could work. On the other hand, having two people who grew up together? That wuld be a little different. But if they could make sure there would be no kids, then they should be able to be together. One man's ew! is another man's pleasure. And I say as long as they are not hurting the innocent, i.e. babies or underage people, then let them be together.
@ryanong (9694)
• Vietnam
It is very sad story...it is illegal to married when they are twins/closer relative in here. But there is the same story like that...and the husband (a brother) could not leave all his wife (his sister) and their kids so that they still live in the same house...but all neighbors keep away from them...It is really sad...
@laydee (12814)
Oh! It's a different story with yours I guess. I mean, in your story, they both knew they were brother and sister and still they fell in love?? It's awkward really, I don't think I could love my brother that way - ever! Why did they fall in love with each other??? In your story I mean.
@ryanong (9694)
• Vietnam
In previous time, they did love and married but they didn't know that they are twins. They live as a husband and a wife and have children. One day, the wife's aunt detect that the husband is brother of the wife. They know they are twins but they still live in the same house and care their children now.
@barehugs (8986)
This is rather sad, but, really its just one of life's little conundrums! Its not true that a child by this couple would be bound to be abnormal. Farmers do this routinely with their purebred animals. A prize winning dairy cow can be re-bred to her sire. Thus a double bred daughter carries twice the genes and her market value can be doubled or tripled. Usually this inbreeding is not continued, because with each cross the likelihood of abnormalities increases.
@laydee (12814)
It's true in human beings, here are some quotes I got from http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Genes_and_genetics_related_parents?open
@barehugs (8986)
Love, (True Love) is such a wonderful thing, any place any time! Bring it, help it, and please don't knock it, just because its different!
@911Ricki (13602)
Yes, I agree its a shame they were told they had a twin. But in the system maybe something got lost. It could be the adopted parents didnt want to tell each other. I think its best to be up front about it to prevent future issues. I wonder if they will stay together, and live a long happy live. I would probably flip out, and panic. Just thinking it makes me sick, and would be strange.
@laydee (12814)
That would really be strange. But what can they do? They have no choice but to split up.
@911Ricki (13602)
I guess they arnt forced to split up, and they could still keep the relationship going. But both halves would have to have a mutual agreement, and many would keep one sort of relationship going either. It is sad, and I dont know how I would truely react if I was in this sort of situation.
It's by accident that they fell in love with each other. What is disturbing is during the marriage, the parents or someone who has the knowledge just kept their peace without saying anything. When they discovered they were twins, they annulled their marriage but the scars are with them for the rest of their lives. If I found out that my husband or wife is my twins and nobody told us before the marriage, then I will let it be probably, or if someone wants to separate us, as long as they will pay everything that is necessary for the separation or annulment.
@laydee (12814)
Oh, their parents didn't know about it, neither did they know their parents. They were sent for adoption when they were born. Different people brought them home so there would be no way of knowing for the parents that the child they got was a twin. It was just by accident that they met somewhere. If you've been living a life as a single person (without a twin) you wouldn't be looking for one. I guess they didn't look alike that's why they never thought of finding out. I guess they only found out they were twins after they were married - perhaps they couldn't have kids so they had themselves checked and found that they were twins - what a shocker that would have been! Thanks for the response!
@freymind (1352)
I can't really say what I'm supposed to do if ever I found out my husband was my twin. Its devastating for the fact that you have tried to have a normal family and yet out of the blue you'll learn that you're both related and worst siblings. Yes its sad that a lot of families are broken these days and kids are suffering. I do hope that there will be something good for the twins who married each other. I hope for the best for the both of them.
@laydee (12814)
I do hope that they are okay, but I guess emotionally they're lost right now. I mean, just imagine the trauma they had when they were told they were adopted, then now this? I would probably march and look for my parents and ask them bunch of stuff, or go somewhere and ask why they were not told they were a twin!! I would surely be mad, but I wouldn't know how to feel anymore, I would be too emotionally scarred. I sure hope that they are strong people with strong principles and that they could get past through this. Thanks for the response!
@factorial (982)
Oh! If my wife is my twin, I will really file an annulment of our marriage because this is not allowed in the Catholic church.
@laydee (12814)
Yeah true enough, but it would be sad though to leave that someone you love and I guess it would be confusing knowing that you fell in love with your twin and that you did things. However, it's neither one of you's fault. Perhaps prior to getting married, people need to do other things than just checking for blood compatibility. Thanks for the response!
@arunr175 (1679)
It's good they didn't reveal the details of the twins but it will be kind of disturbing to know one married there own sibling separated by birth and were adopted by different families. In a way it would be good if both sibling were adopted by the same parents and brought up together ...
@laydee (12814)
Yeah but the problem is it's out of their hands in the first place. It was just sad that it wasn't in the record that they had twins. Perhaps a stricter requirement should be posted before getting married, just to be sure that you're not marrying your relative. As for those who don't know the implications, it means that if you married your sibling or twin and had kids, they'd be abnormal 90%-100%. Thanks for the response!
@sid556 (31005)
Oh how sad! I can't even imagine being in such a situation but I can see how it could happen. And as you mentioned with sperm and egg donors, the odds of this happening more seem to be greater. I know of an Uncle that almost dated his niece, unbeknown to him. He always went for younger women and he'd met this girl and they were actually hanging out together when it was discovered that she was the daughter of his brother. His brother had gotten a girl pregnant when he was in highschool and the baby had been put up for adoption. Years later, the aunt was searching and looking to meet her long lost niece. Oh she found her and just in the nick of time. I think it should be mandatory to have all the information of both the mother and father on record.