To meet after long time

@bhanusb (5709)
Suppose you meet with your girlfriend or boyfriend after long years. In the mean time he or she became old. Then what will be your feelings ? Will you not get hurt ? Will you not be shocked or shattered ?
@kyuheart (157)
I've never experience this before so this is just a theory of mine. You said long years so I've probably move on and seeing him again will not hurt me but instead i will feel a little awkward at first because after all both of us have a past! Anyway, my attitude towards him will really depend on the reason why we broke up.
@bhanusb (5709)
If you try to find out the reason of breaking the relation it will be more painful to you. So it is better to ignore the past.
@kyuheart (157)
you've misunderstood me! i'm not digging about the past. what i meant was if i was that person who has been hurt. my attitude will depend on why we broke up like if he cheated on me or if he has fallen out of love for me. And isn't it natural to already know the reason for the break-up!?
@bhanusb (5709)
Now I understand.
In February of last year when I first came into contact with my ex-boyfriend after nine years of not seeing him, I really wasn't shocked at all. I knew that I had changed a lot in the nine years since we'd seen each other and I figured that he would have changed more than I had. That said, I wasn't hurt at all and he and I are really good friends again now since we've been back in contact with one another.
@bhanusb (5709)
Yes both of you had changed a lot. This is natural. But we nourish some dreams in our heart. When we face the reality that dream become shattered. The reunion brings mixed feelings.
@savypat (20246)
I think it would be very interesting to find out how life dealth with them. Also it's always to remember the good times and to be able to laugh at how young we were when we knew each other before.
@bhanusb (5709)
Yes it is better to keep the sweet memory of the past at the core of heart.
I have sort of learned that a person should keep the past in the past. I think it could be a good thing, but some there may be some people who reconnect and get hurt. If it is meant to be, God will show the way.
@bhanusb (5709)
Yes I agree past should be kept in the past. But sometimes past appears. We get hurt because we can't get the past as before.
@ARIES1973 (9539)
• Legaspi, Philippines
I did met my ex-bf some three years ago. We have not seen each other for 20 years. I noticed that somebody is calling my name from my back so I turned back. I have seen a man and the first thing that comes to my mind is who is this man? He noticed that I was not able to recognize him, so he introduced himself again. Well, it's just okay after all it's all over and we have our own lives already.
@bhanusb (5709)
Yes this is interesting. But can we totally ignore the past ?
@jaiho2009 (39001)
That depends on the situation. If you part ways as good friends, there will be no hurt feelings. But if you part ways unexpectedly- or by force, maybe the unexpected meeting will bring a little pain from the past.
@bhanusb (5709)
Yes you are right.
I married my first love, and because of the age difference, he was old when I maried him. LOL As far as I'm concerned, humans grow, and age, and change, so nothing would surprise me, seeing someone after long years of absense.
@bhanusb (5709)
From the beginning to till now you love him. Age is no matter to you. Moreover both of you have not departed any time.