I want another cat..

My mom said she would buy my food and litter if I get a cat. I just don't wan a cat to start teaing up my furniture thats all. So,I will have to give much thought to this. because scratch posts don't always do he trick. My sisters cat does not touch her couch at all. Adrian's cat never touched his cat either. but,my moters cat tore into her couch and my friend had to get rid of her set too. So,I have a lot of thinking to do..
You might want to hold off on the cat for a few months at least. Get settled in, adjust, see how much money you have with opening your new store, and then go from there.
That is the best plan I could have right now. I thinbk I will do as you say and wait on it. I caould get one anytime. thanks.
@911Ricki (13602)
My cats dont touch the furntiture either, but Patches like door frames before. I sprayed it with vinegar and water mixture. You can buy this stuff that they wont go near it (they use it for cats that spray but they wont go near it or touch it). I got them a load of climbers and that does the trick, also loads of toys to keep them entertained. I found when they got bored they would tear into things. Which is why I got playmates and dont have just 1 cat. But I also leave them with loads of toys, and scratching posts. But having animals is a big decision, and I personally eblieve you take an animal you take it for life. I will never talk to someone again if they get an animal then just get ride of it for some stupid reason just shows how irresponsible of a pet owner they are.
Cats will be cats gifts, so don't get a cat if you are worrying about your furniture. Please don't have a cat declawed either. That is cruel. I love cats but can't have any animal in the house. This is off topic but, I see you being talked about on the Lot. Not by name, but I responded to say someone reported her if she didn't. this is just a shame and a travesty.
That is nice of your mom to say she would buy the food and litter if you get another cat. We have three cats now. I would love to get a Maine Co.on cat but we just can't take on another animal. I figure if we have trouble getting through a month grocery wise we certainly don't need another cat!
@winterose (39913)
you can get the cat declawed or they have these little plastic things you put on the cats claws and they can't scratch, Seinfeld uses them for his cat in real life.
@MsTickle (24754)
e-clawing cats is cruel. Best to just not get one...or get a stuffed toy.
@NailTech (6895)
That is very nice of your mom to buy the food and litter for your cat. My folks do that for me as well, they do have some good qualities. :-) Some of them do scratch the furniture and others not. This current kitty I have didn't scratch the furniture but she did on the wood trim on the walls, I had to put a stop to it. I squirted her with water everytime she did it and a firm "NO" worked for that. My other cats did scratch it when they wanted food at night, usually and we usually did end up with having to get new couches after awhile. Its just a part of having an animal is all. You just can't have nice things and an animal at the same time. I could never afford nice things so cats it was for me, LOL.
I would love to get another cat. My cat boots is 7 years old now. But I live in a very small apartment and would not be a wise decision now. So I will wait till I move to a bigger place.
While I dontbelieve in declawing a cat myself, I have no objection to getting one that already is. Do that, and you won't have to worry about your furniture.