Home leader awww (rant)

By C
@ShyBear88 (17052)
Awww home leaders they are so annoying. I've been trying for a month now to even get started on a home loan to get a house. Of course every time I mention that my husband is the only one working they all run and hide and never talk to me or my husband again. The good thing is I've only given two lenders the right to look at our credit score and thankfully one of them sent the results of what both mine and my husband scores on with out each other. I know I'm more likely then my husband to get picked for a home loan because I have more things under my name to make my credit pretty close to prefect and I have never paid a late payment outside of the 30 days that most all places give you to when you pay bills or a loan off. It helps that my mom pays all of my school bills which I have never asked her to pay she choice to do this of her own free will as a gift to me and my husband. She almost has mine all the way paid off a lot sooner then my two older brothers but they went to school a lot longer then I did. Since me and my husband been married his score has been getting better since I make sure all of his payments for his school and our car which is under his name are paid for on time or as close as I can get to on time with out putting us in to the red zone. I know both me and my husband are just 23 but all we want to know is if it's a yes or no but people not saying to what is wrong with our scores or how to improve or what are, are options out there with in the next year or so to where we get a loan even if it's a small loan it's better then zero. We really want to have a house we own it not only our daughter but to our unborn son to have a real house we where can change the colors of the walls, not worry about people cause nose at all hours of the night and day. Both me and my husband talked yesterday and know if we don't hear from anyone about anything towards a loan that we will have to apartment look again because we are 100% sure we will not be able to afford the apartment we have now not with the roommate that we have. But we know we need to know before October if we can stay in this apartment or not which the leasing office will let us know how much it will be for a second year here. I hate moving every year this is why we want a house as well so we don't have to keep moving. We keep trying to have faith that things will work out that we will get a loan to get a house for this year and not next year. But its hard to think or feel that way when all you get is people that turn your back half way through the process of even trying to get you a loan. It's like they don't want to do there job or they feel that we wouldn't be a good choice to talk to or even consider looking at to try to get a loan. It get's upsetting. I know some of you might think its cheaper to rent then it is to own but its not. Renting is more costly then it is to own a house of your own. Because when you own a house you don't have to worry about your morage going up it stays the same unlike renting it can change once your lease is up and if you break the contract its more money then you think when you read the final print then you got to pay for them to run a credit if you move to a new place and pay for your applications because a lot of place fill out your application and getting it processed is not for free then you got to worry about do I have a pet do I have to pay for pet rent do I need to pay for all of my utilities on my own or are they already included in the rent, is where we looking at good location between work and home, hospitals, your kids school if you have a kid. Renting is a great start when your getting out on your own but once you have a family it gets tougher to rent then it is to own.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
@ShyBear88 (17052)
Thanks but that will not help.
Hoping for the best is all I can do.
@ShyBear88 (17052)
yes that is all I know you can do. But just saying some times hope isn't enough well not right now its not enough. But you never know maybe one day hubby's grandparents will buy us a place. We know they have talked about it in the past but we are not going to ask them to do that. We will wait to see if they offer then us beg them like starving dogs.
@cotruelove (1038)
• Denver, Colorado
Hello friend, My new husband and I tried to buy a home a little over a year ago, and we found several things have changed in the mortgage loan business. They are not lending money as easily as they used too due to the problems that they have been going through with bad loans. Most lenders today, want a down payment of 25%. They have taken too many chances in the past on 5% down payments and anything less than 25%. That makes it very hard for young couples because few have that much of a down payment. On top of that, they want you to have savings so that if anything happens, like a loss of your husband's job, you can get through it without them having to foreclose. The only saving grace my husband and I have is my husband qualifies for a VA loan, but his credit isn't able to pass their underwriters or VA right now, it will take about 2 more years before it can. So.....perhaps, this will give you a little insight as to why they may be hesitating to give you a loan. Thanks for the discussion.
@ShyBear88 (17052)
I understand you have to have good credit its just that they are unwilling to tell us what is wrong so we can go an in fix it instead all they do is ignore you and that doesn't tell people what do I need to do in order to get to the point where you can look at it once again and see if we can open the door to a loan. I know its not easy we do have a down payment for a place when we are ready we will just add more money to it. We looked at grants for the last few months and we know what we can afford and another year means we get to have maybe better options out there. We just finally got someone that would be real with us and not just bs us around and just out of the blue not talk to us any more. We only gave two people the rights to look at our score and we do have now a copy of it.