Has anyone here taken the IELTS?

IELTS is the International English Language Testing System, the world’s proven English language test.  It is recognized as a secure, valid and reliable indicator of true-to-life ability to communicate in English for education, immigration and professional accreditation. More and more people I know are taking the IELTS exam. Before, only those who need accreditation take such. Now, this exam is already taken just to beef up the resume or profile of job applicants. Candidates are graded on their performance in the test, using scores from 1 to 9 for each part of the test – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Results from the four parts then produce an Overall Band Score. I am interested in taking the exam. It is not really required of me. I am just really interested in taking the exam. Perhaps, it is my way of testing my abilities in this area. And of course, I hope to get a good score. Has anyone here taken the IELTS exam? How was it? What is your overall band score?
@Bhebelen14 (5206)
Hi dolce_vita78, I haven't take the IELTS exam but I am planning to take it this year since I am applying a work in Canada, but my husband already passed the exam. According to him IELTS was a very good experienced because during examination they will a question anything under the sun. He got 9 in his overall band score before he taken the exam he enrolled in a language school which help him to improve his speaking and writing abilities.
I am so often humbled and impressed when I see the great intelligence and abilities of non-native to English speakers.
Hi Bhebelen14! Congratulations to your husband for getting an overall band score of 9. That is indeed a very high score!
Maybe my husband got lucky during that time, because were also very supprised when we received the results, its very unexpected. Indeed he is good in english than speaking in Tagalog like his father and his school really a big help to improve his speaking skills.
@PageTurner (2827)
Hello dolce_vita78 I have not taken the International English Language Testing System test. I must admit that I haven't even heard of it until this very moment. As I have been looking for employment for some time without success, perhaps I should take this test and add it to my resume. I sure hope that I can pass this the test.
If ever you decide to take it, inform us of the results! Good luck!
Thank you!
@redhotpogo (4397)
All of you pass, because your English is already better than a lot of American's I know. And I won't even talk about the Brits. Come on Brits, you made the language and you screw it up so bad.