Wake up to mold

@SomeCowgirl (32271)
United States
June 6, 2012 12:13am CST
I woke up, well I guess yesterday now, and came into this room. Turned on the computer, or maybe it was already on. Either way I look up and behind me and there's MOLD on the ceiling. I was like "what should I do?" The light in this room was out so I had to get a bulb and then turn the light back on and it still looked like mold. I go and tell a family member, then another and shortly after I go to work. I get home from work to find out that it wasn't MOLD but CHOCOLATE MILK explosion. A chocolate milk that was sitting in the room had exploded apparently and splashed on the ceiling and the floor, I hadn't seen any on the floor but I hadn't been looking. They tried to clean it up off the ceiling but couldn't. Have you ever had something you thought was mold?
5 people like this
5 responses
@celticeagle (117158)
• Boise, Idaho
6 Jun 12
Chocolate milk,eh? You are lucky. I would freak if I thought there was mold in my house. It can make you very sick.
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
• United States
6 Jun 12
I had the, what's it called? Well I went to work and coughing and felt like there was something in my chest, like I wa getting sick. Yes I know I am very lucky that it was just chocolate milk. If it was mold I'd be contacting some local hotels and seeing about living there. I know some can give you deals if you plan to stay longer.
1 person likes this
@celticeagle (117158)
• Boise, Idaho
11 Jun 12
I think that perhaps the something you felt in your chest was just psychosymatic. I am glad it turned out to be chocolate milk.
1 person likes this
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
• United States
13 Jun 12
Yes I am sure that that is what it was. I think my immune system is pretty good though, so while I would most likely get sick off of mold, I don't think (or hope) I would as badly.
@AmbiePam (48116)
• United States
9 Jun 12
I once thought smoke was mold. Years ago when I lived with my parents, I walked into their room one time and happened to glance up. I asked my mom why mold was up there, but she pointed out several other places along the bedroom where the same stuff was. They had left a candle burning the entire night, and closed the bedroom door. As a result, the smoke had stained the upper parts of the walls.
1 person likes this
@GardenGerty (96657)
• Marion, Kansas
6 Jun 12
I would think that you would have smelled the spoiled chocolate milk--eewwwww. That is almost worse than mold. I would probably try to scrub it with baking soda. I have had mold on surfaces and cleaned it with peroxide or baking soda or bleach. This post, however, reminds me of two different happenings that involved my son. One, he was not three years old yet, and we were in our "little" house. I gave him some kind of a dark colored juice. He tripped and it splashed to the ceiling. Of course it stained. Fast forward nine or ten years. I am working and the kids get home from school before me every day. I left snacks for them. I had baked a mocha cake and I guess my son was tired of it. By that time we lived in a house with ten foot ceilings. He took his plate and tossed his cake. It hit the ceiling. Chocolate mocha cake stains textured white ceilings. So I guess there are other things to think about staining other than mold.
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
• United States
6 Jun 12
I guess I wasn't thinking of a smell, I'm just glad it wasn't mold. growing up it was never stains on the ceiling, always on the floor. So you scrubbed the ceiling with baking soda and it came out when your son through the cake? Juice is the worse to get out of carpet, I can't imagine how it looked on the ceiling. The ceiling here isn't textured, it's just flat smooth.
@Dominique25 (9476)
• United States
6 Jun 12
Glad to hear that it wasn't mold. We have problems with mildew in our basement. So we have to put dehumidifiers down there to keep the moisture down. Mold can be v ery annoying. Especially if a person has really bad allergies.
1 person likes this
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
• United States
6 Jun 12
I am glad as well to hear that it wasn't mold because mold is a scary thing that no one wants to mess with. Expensive to get rid of as well. It looked like mold that early in the morning though, and I was worried about it and getting ready for work.
@Hatley (164755)
• Garden Grove, California
23 Jun 12
somecowsirl how about overcooked eggyolk on the ceiling,it looked like mold but my retarded sister had been left to take the eggs off the stove w hen they came to a boil. I had told her to watch the eggs for me. she did she watched the pan boil dry and the eggs exploded and hit the ceiling.I had to hire a painter to climb up clean off the mess and repaint the ceiling before my parents came back from summering in SouthDakota to spend he winter in Arizona. I can just imagine my dad wou ld hav e exploded too had he seen that mess.so I learned one things overcooked eggs will explode all over the place.