I want to ask for my key early..

I found out my new apartment is done. And all I need to do now is put in my moving packet on the 15th for an inspection of the new place. I am sure the place will be already inspected by the 15th of July. I am thinking of asking for my keys early. If I do that then I can start to move in some of my stuff. And leave the furniture for the movers or adrian..
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I read what bagarad had to say, and well I do hope you can get the key early, it'd be beneficial to you. I can understand what she says though as it's all a money game or betting game anymore for anything. Still glad you got a new apartment, though I've not been on lately to keep up with it all.
I was not hee for days either. I will have my cable hooked up in august and post then. Right now I am with adrian and that means I have no computer to use.
@bagarad (12133)
• Paso Robles, California
Sharon, you can ask, but as a landlord I would be surprised if the landlord gives you the key before he has your first month's rent and security deposit. Of course if he does have them, he should have no objection. Speaking as a landlord, it can be a very difficult situation to give the key before you get the money because it's easy for a tenant to move in and then not pay you and then you have all the expenses of an eviction. No matter how nice he is, it's still the way he makes his living. We have been on the opposite end of this for about two weeks. We finally have the money now and the tenant has the keys. The landlord doesn't really know you yet, and can't be expected to risk his earnings by betting on you, no matter how nice he is. So don't take it personally if he does not give you those keys. He is looking at a lot of laws that are stacked in favor of a tenant once a tenant moves in.
I can pay him the money if that is all he reqires I was thinking it would be half a months rent am I wrong. either way adrian will have no problem paying it if I don't have it.
@911Ricki (13602)
Im not sure how it works on how to get the keys early. I know my college roomate moved in early and my landlord allowed this. I would assume if the people are already out, and everything is all filed there shouldnt be an issue. You could always take piece by piece. I know you have a car, you could pack say boxes of tiny things i.e. dishes, and say a kichen chair which would save a lot instead of paying for a mover.
@chan2zexy (508)
Maybe you can ask for your keys early. Decorating is really fun and exciting. You must be eager to do the decorating. It's a rewarding feeling seeing all the decorations and arrangements done, seeing your hard work and ideas done. =)
@inertia4 (27651)
That wouldn't be a bad idea. If they do give it to you early then that would be a great head start for you. But all you can do is ask the landlord. If he says no then you just have to wait. I guess it won't be too bad. Just focus on the fact that you're getting your new place.
That is a god idea. The sooner you can get things done, the better.