A few reasons babies cry

I wrote this a long time ago, when my youngest was only a couple of months old. I have just resurrected it for a friend who had her first baby a few weeks ago. I thought I'd share it with you. A few reasons babies cry 1. She's hungry. 2. She's not hungry, and is getting irritated by you trying to shove a bottle in her mouth when she just wants to make noise. 3. She wants her nappy changed. 4. She DIDN'T want her nappy changed. Why would she want a dry, scratchy nappy? She was quite happy with the warm, wet, squishy one. 5. She's tired. This is all your fault. Its your job to get her to sleep, and you have failed, so she is now going to scream at you for your incompetence. 6. She's bored. She's too small to actually do anything, and doesn't really know what she wants to do, but this, too, is entirely your fault. Fix it. 7. You dared to try to walk away. Your smiling face should be ever-present, and no more than 3ft from her own face at any time. You could solve this one by making a lifesize cardboard cut-out of your face, and taping it to the side of her cot. 8. She's too hot, and can't kick her blanket off. 9. She's too cold, because she's kicked her blanket off. 10. She doesn't like your music. 11. She likes your music and it isn't loud enough. 12. She has wind. 13. She wants to chew the cat's tail and he won't come close enough. The only solution really is to get a less intelligent cat. 14. She wants to pull your hair, but you've tied it up. 15. She knows, no matter what her reason, if she cries, you'll pick her up. And she WILL use this to make you run in circles. :) Keep smiling! (:
@shylade (3138)
This a great list. This will be very helpful for mommies especially the new ones.
@sid556 (31018)
I love this! I'm taking care of my very whiny 14 month old grandson. It put a smile on my face for sure. I saved it to my favorites to show my daughter when she gets out of work. hope you get this published! It's great!!
this sounds exactly like my nanny-niece! I was a nanny for my friend's infant until she was 11 months old, and all of those are entirely true...eventually, I realized that every one of those things had their own distinctive wail, whine, or whimper as well. As well, I could add: - she's sleepy, and wants you to hold her until she falls asleep. - she's sleepy and doesn't want you to touch her. - she's exhausted but can't fall asleep and doesn't understand the feeling.
@NailTech (6892)
Love those, great writings. You have made me smile today and thats been pretty difficult, thanks.
@kaka135 (13606)
Hi marianne, Thanks for sharing the list. I always believe there must be a reason for a baby to cry, hence the mother has to always try to fulfill the desires or needs of the baby, otherwise the baby may feel insecure. I have always heard some parents complaining, the baby is sleepy and tired, but still doesn't want to sleep and keep crying. Even adults may not be able to fall asleep easily when we are tired, why do we expect so much from a baby? It's really the parents' responsibilities to make the baby comfort, and let him sleep.
This is really cute and helpful. Bottom line is, babies do cries because they are seeking for your attention. It doesn't matter what was the reason behind it, the important thing is that you need to give your attention to them whenever they need it.
@donsky14 (5963)
good one!