Beauty Tips...Certain Easy Steps Worth Trying out.

Thiruvananthapuram, India
Tomato juice mixed with thick curd applied to the face result in facial elegance ,softness and brightness. A few drops of fresh lemon added to the water used for bathing assures a refreshed feeling of pleasant nature. For maintaining sound health it is best to avoid spicy and salty foods .The use of vegetables should be encouraged.Drink a lot of water.
Water is the most important, either for maintaining health physically or mentally and also good pleasant looks. When I don't have beauty tips, to survive with good looks, in winter season.. all I do is drink loads of water. They say when lips dry out during winter, drink water and it'll be okay
@drannhh (15002)
I agree with most of this, but am curious about the spicy foods, since I know that some spices (turmeric, for example, as we find in curry) are beneficial to the health. What is it about the spicy foods that you believe to be harmful? Where I live, the most common food that is regarded as spicy would be hot peppers, but I know of at least one medical doctor who encourages people to use a lot of red pepper, while at the same time many others say as you do that it is harmful. They say it could harm the lining of the stomach, but Dr. Schultz says the opposite. I do not know who to believe on this. Maybe the answer depends on whether or not the people are drinking a lot of water?
I've heard the lemon tips and of course you got to eat your veggies and drink good water. Hadn't heard the tomato juice mask one, and to be honest I'm a little scared to try it! My skin is very sensitive and I tend to break out after I try anything new. I tried lemons for awhile but they just made my face sticky and didn't help at all with the pimples or the blemishes. I guess it's back to beauty square one for me.
Cucumbers or camomile tea is good for tired eyes. Bran and baking soda with a little water made into a paste is good for acne. I have an old beauty book with alot of good information in it. Tomatoes and lemonjuice help to smooth the skin. These remedies work as well if not better than the expensive stuff you can buy in the store.
Sounds like some great ideas. I especially appreciate the suggestion about drinking a lot of water. I'm currently reading a book called YOU'RE NOT SICK, YOU'RE THIRSTY. I'm becoming more aware with each and every day that we need to make a conscious effort to hydrate. We especially need to make water a high priority if we consume coffee or other sources of caffeine because caffeine can cause us to dehydrate. In order to be beautiful we need to maintain homeostasis where we are perceived to be a picture of health.
These are all things that are really easy for all of us to do and most of them are things that we should be doing anyway. However, I do think that most people don't think about the simple things that we are able to do to keep our bodies looking and feeling young. For me, I try to drink water, but there are times that it is quite difficult for me. However, I am attempting to do a lot better with that.