The biggest parenting compliment

My 6 year old daughter has her faults, like all kids. But she is generally a good kid, and she is very compassionate and loving. Last year, she gave her mean teacher a Christmas card, even though the teacher was picking on her, because "she hasn't got many cards and I don't want her to be sad". She lets her little brother win races most of the time, even though he is slower than she is, because she wants him to be happy and proud of himself. She draws pictures and sells them to raise money for charities. She has "adopted" some younger children at school, those who have been bullied, and she makes sure they don't have any trouble from their peers. She is a "big sister" to many. Today I almost cried when I received the biggest compliment a parent could ever get. A friend who has a newborn daughter told me, she hopes her little girl will grow up to be just like my daughter, and if everyone was like my daughter, the world would be a beautiful place.
@dobsyto (299)
• Bulgaria
Well I'm also really proud of your daughter. She really do good things. You should be proud of her and I'm also proud of you by rasing so good girl. I hope she will be the same girl when she is older.
She makes me proud every day
Believe yourself and you will have a lovely daughter all people are proud of. As we raise children, we should give them the best food with suitable nutrition. That will benifit their brains and let them be smart. Of course, education is very important. They should be sent to the best school. So a great child is produced !
@sid556 (31003)
Your daughter sounds like such a sweetheart! I suspect that a lot of that has to do with how she was raised. Good on you for raising your daughter to be a good person! It's a quality that gets overlooked all too often these days. It's true, that the world would be a much better place if more people took time to be kind,caring and giving. These values used to be reinforced in churches and schools as well as at home when I was a kid. Now a days you don't see as many families getting involved in church and schools don't seem to push these values any more. And parents, some do really put the effort in but there seems to be so many that don't.
I do my best to guide my kids in being good people, but I don't believe this has anything to do with me. I think my daughter just has a good heart and a sense of compassion... possibly the only good trait she has got from me! I'm so happy that she is setting out on her own path of righteousness already. I love her so much :)
@Paper_Doll (2375)
That was really touching marianne87. I am proud of you that you able to raise your daughter well. I might burst into tears if ever I received such compliment. You have so many things to be grateful. You have very wonderful daughter. Please share us tips on how did you taught her the very best lessons in life for her to think that way. I think she is far more mature than me :D I admire her for having such a warm heart. I also hope that all kids would be like your daughter.
I don't think its anything I've done, its just her nature. The only thing I can think of that may have helped, is I don't talk to her like she is a child, I discuss things with her in words she can understand, but without talking down to her. It makes no sense to me for children to live in a bubble and not be taught about important life issues.
• Lenox, Georgia
That is an amazing compliment. =) You are doing a great job raising her. Your daughter sounds so much like my daughter, I bet they would get along so well. My daughter constantly gives her things away to kids that need or want it. She lets her brother and sister have anything she has even if she is playing with it at the time. She is just so sweet and loving too. I wish I could find a friend for my daughter like your little girl. I have tried to find a friend for her that would not take advantage of her kind spirit but I have had no such luck. =( Keep doing such a good job though! Our little girl's might just change this world. =)
I hope they do. I just wish there weren't so many kids being dragged up and turning into thugs and wasters. Just before Christmas my kids sorted out a load of toys in perfect condition and left them out front in a box for the less fortunate... some idiot took the whole box, then dumped half the contents in a rain puddle in the street. They were so upset that their kindness had been abused that way.
@Shellyann36 (11257)
That is a wonderful compliment. I know you are certainly proud. It sounds as if your daughter is a beautiful young lady inside and out. Good for you for raising her so well. I think I might have cried if someone had told me that about one of my children. Congrats to you!
That was a very sweet thing she said to you. That would make me want to cry too. I wish I could hear something near this about my child. she has lots of issues.
@bellis716 (4806)
God bless you and your daughter.
@swapmind (357)
Truely it seems to be the biggest compliment for a mother.it gives one a sense of satisfaction that she is playing a responsible role of a mother.As nurturing kids is a big responsibility and performing it heartly and reciprocated in the same manner is a greatest reward of all times.
A kid with an amazing heart! Thumbs up!
@choybel (5059)
A good child really makes a proud parent.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
hi marianne, I don't blame you, you have every righ to be proud...Your daughter sounds like a lovely daughter and truly learning some wonderful qualities in life...She will definately make the people and the world around her a much better place to live in the future... Continued blessings...
It seems like your daughter is on a great path. Not many people her age really have a good grasp of who they are, but she seems like shes already in control of her own destiny.
@ARIES1973 (9539)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Congratulations! Certainly, for every good thing that our children do, it will reflect on us. If your friend would tell that she wanted her daughter to grow up just like yours, it would mean that she wanted to do what you have done. Cheers!