This is killing me.......

Today I put on a patch to not smoke I am craving a smoke real bad. I am trying togo all day like this. I dont think it will work though,i will be trying my best. Adroan said, to cut down s lowly. So we both have 5 for the day. I had none so far. I figure I can smoke one in the wee hours of the morning before bed.
Doing something to take your mind off, like MyLotting is a good thing to do. I hope you and Adrian both are successful at stopping the smoking. GrandpaBob who used to be here, says he has not smoked now for five months and three days. Good luck to all of you quitters.
I am doing just that and it is working adrian is notdoing so good..
Maybe you need to put on that new fancy body suit and distract him. Actually you are pretty lucky because you have so many people being supportive of you here. Because you have things to do to occupy your mind while the cravings pass.
You re playing with fire Gifts. Those patches work even when they are taken off. It takes a few hours for the medicine to be absorbed transdermally. You are going to crave as long as you keep smoking Gifts. If you just put them down and don't pick them up again the cravings will fade each day. You are feeding your addiction by doing what you are doing. The patches will work if you STOP smoking. That's the ONLY way they will work. I quit with the gum. I quit with the patches too but didn't stay quit. You aren't really quit smoking until you are quit for 3 months. After 3 months you are more likely to stay quit.
I have not had a smoke all day. I will not smoke it. I am tired of smelling like smoke and all.i bought somecandy and pickles.
@dobsyto (299)
• Bulgaria
It is good to hear that you are trying to stop them. They are really bad thing. And yes it is good to try stop them slowly because I heard stories of my friends that don't smoke one day and the other day they just start smoking actually more. If you really want to stop smoking or at least little bit reduce them than this is good for you. I think that you will succeed if you only really want it. This is only in your mind and just try to defeat it!
I really want tonot dsmoke at all I was up to a pack a day. So far I think I need amother patch
@MandaLee (3738)
Dear Sharon, I am rooting for you. Please keep us posted. Have you tried chewing gum?
I cant chew gum I want to though. Thanks
@stary1 (6622)
giftsandbagscom I wish you luck with the patch. I used nicorette gum when I quit and found it to to a tremendous help. It still wasn't easy, but it was doable. With a patch you can't control the nicotine, but with gum you sort of can...either way..all the best...the end result is you will have a lot more energy so it was worth it to me.
Adtoan has that box of gum too. He wants the one from walart. I cant chew gum
wow! good on you! At least you tried and even if you fail you know you have tried your best! One day at time is always the way! Good luck! =)
@safety69 (592)
• Taiwan
Congratulations! You took the first step for quitting smoke. You know you should just dont think of it , (about that u are quitting) is like when we decide to go on a diet if we think like that , we will get anciety to eat, just take it easy and you should not quit at once , just try little by little, all is in your mind , you have the control of yourself , do it , you will succed. Good luck. Let me tell You a story about my father in law , he used to smoke a lot one after another one, and one day the doctor found that that he had some heart desease and need a surgery , after the surgery the doctor told him to stop smoking , like this: IF YOU WANT TO GET BETTER YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE MEDICINE AND QUIT SMOKING , IF YOU ARE DOING BOTH YOU WONT GET BETTER , YOU DECIDE... So , my father in law decided at once to quit smoking , that was really brave from him .
@winterose (39918)
that is great once you kick the habit you will feel so much better. And food will taste better too.
That is a big step you two are taking. I hope you are sucessful with it. Slowly cutting back is what my daughter tries to do. Her boyfriend smokes like a chimney. I don't how poor people can afford it. Probably why they are poor. LMAO!! I think about how much my daughter could save in a month and with it we could go on vacation.