Visiting Disneyland on a budget?

@sedel1027 (17855)
My family & I would like to visit Disneyland for the day. Being a one income, military family we do not have a lot of money to spend. Is there a good way to visit Disneyland for a day or a weekend and not break the bank?
@bostonphil (4397)
You are talking about Disneyland in Anaheim, not Disney World in Orlando, correct. I have not been to Disneyland for many, many years but I would first go to their website and see what specials they might offer. Perhaps they give a discount to military families. I think there is a number that you can call to speak to a consultant. Another suggestion is to go to the branch of your military. Is there a person who helps families go on vacation? Maybe they offer specials to a place like Disneyland. Do a search on line for Disneyland vacations. See what travel services can offer you. It is not going to be cheap but I think that you can have a wonderful time without breaking the bank.
@sedel1027 (17855)
Yep, Anaheim, not Orlando (although we will be moving to Orlando soon - hopefully). There is a travel office, but since we are actually in San Diego, they don't really offer good discounts. Disney used to have awesome military discounts, but they have phased out their best plans (or they are ending in September of this year) and the ongoing promotions through Shade of Green are, of course, only available in Orlando. We stayed in Anaheim over the weekend and even with the up to 40% discount on Disney hotels other hotels using different discounts were much cheaper. Just trying to get the best deal, best rates possible :) We may just hold out and wait to go to Disney World again. None of us have been to Disneyland though.
@maximax8 (27954)
I managed to go to Disneyland in California for one day on a bus trip from the youth hostel in Santa Monica, LA. I paid for that arranged transport and the entrance charge. I went there with my sister. At the end of that time in LA my sister as planned returned home and I carried on with the next leg of my around the world journey. Yes, it is possible to have a budget trip to Disneyland. I would imagine they don't like people to take their own food. I advise take sandwiches, snacks and drinks. Carry those in a hidden way for example under a pack of diapers or wrapped up in a cardigan in a small bag. Good luck planning your budget trip to Disneyland.