Cuts to Unemployment Insurance

@winterose (39918)
more rants about my government, as everyone knows jobs are hard to come by. Steven Harper our Prime Minister is going to change the unemployment act. Now people that have claimed too often will be cut off. People will have to take any job, up to 1 hour away from where they live, People will have to take jobs that are not in their field, for example a teacher who is off in the summer will have to take a job as a sales clerk or whatever. My question is what will happen to the people who have to be salesclerks and can't find work now. To me this government has no clue of how hard it is to be a regular person in this economy. Any thoughts?
It is very hard to make change. It never totally works for everyone. And I wonder if the sales clerk who has experience isn't going to win out over the teacher who is only doing seasonal work. I try to see both sides. Doesn't mean it always works but change is inevitable. And laws change along with it. We have senators from each state here that we can write or call if something happens we aren't happy with.
@winterose (39918)
even your senators are not successful in changing laws once they are enacted. you do that kind of thing when people are working and just don't want to take a job, you don't do that when the country has no jobs. Their plan does not back sense and it is being fought in parliament at this moment because they are asking the impossible, so changes are fine but you don't take people that are down and out and make even more down and out. This not what Canada stands for, this government wants to destroy our values as a country and a people.
Why would they want to do that?
Things are bad all over. I know that Randy will be able to collect unemployment until the middle of July then he loses it completly. In August he will be getting his disability and that will not help us much. Right now we live with my parents and things are so bad to the point where it is affecting our health. I get panic attacks and poor Randy's blood pressure keeps on going down (yesterday it was 85/55 and it scared me). I know my brother has been looking for work, but they keep telling him we are not hiring right now but thank you for applying. It is sad that the economy is getting bad, but yet the politicians pockets seem to full. I hope people do not have to travel so far for work considering the fact that gas prices go up and food prices can go up, but yet salaries keep on coming down. I hope that our government will help with housing here in the US because Randy and I need to get out of where we are now due to our health.