I forgot

@winterose (39929)
darn it, I made a long distance to my x husband, I called him back as he tried to contact me and wasn't able to. He lives in Barbados we talked for about 5 minutes and I hung up. Well today I got my bill and it was much higher than usual. I the first thing I thought was that they never recorded my payment, so I looked at my bank statement online and it said I did not make any transactions since June 1, which was crazy because I pay my rent and all my bills and there is no way there couldn't be any transactions. So I called them because I knew I made my payments. Well they finally got the page to show that I had made my payments including the payment of the phone bill. Then I called the phone company to ask if they got the payment and they confirmed that they did. So I asked then why is the bill so high? Turns out I forgot about that little 5 minute phone call I made to Bridgetown, Barbados, and that was 15.00. any thoughts?
That's life, isn't it? Mine wasn't a phone bill. Mine was a payment to the spine clinic of $60 and some cents. I paid $30 of that when I went last week and today I get a notice that I am behind in paying them.. well I never got a bill and the spine clinic said it would be months before I got a bill for my TENS unit. I'm going to call them tomorrow to say I paid half when I went to the doc and the office person said the other half was due when I had my next appointment... well that's 3 months from now. I will probably just send the $30 next month and be done with it. I hate when they hound you when you have already paid.
Yeah I will. I put the bill in my desk so I won't lose it. I'm so forgetful too. About the others... unless they have ever walked a mile or even a few feet in your shoes, they won't understand. I know you better than some of them, so I know how irritating it can get to be told something you don't need to hear.. it wasn't the reason you wrote the discussion.
@mr_pearl (5037)
Hi there... I've a little knowledge of these things... Here are a few tips which might be useful to you in the future... Always check with your phone company about the International Calling Rates. There are different rates for different countries... You can avail an option known as Dial a Code. They're a service provider for international calling and they're not very expensive. Also, you can set your Bill Payment with your bank... The Direct Debit method is useful, and there's no chance of anyone missing that record. Hope this helps... Take care...
It must be a glitch on their end. I hope they get it fixed.
@mr_pearl (5037)
I too hope they get it fixed, too... It is the worst customer experience ever... One expects better things from banks...
Next time use email or Skype. It's free if both of you have the client.
• Taiwan
This is very bad when something happened like this.Before two months back i did some mistake like this kind.The gas company did not get me in my house as i was outside and they just made the minimum bill which is just the line rent.But the actual amount that i used is much more than that.But after that when i checked with the receptionist they told me the fact and in the next month the load was much better.I really hate when i miss to pay the bills on time.This is not my fault this time.
@winterose (39929)
yes I pay all my bills on time as well.
• Taiwan
Now a days this kind of story that you have described is very much common and i do not know what the proper reason.Are the people getting irresponsible or this is the effect of our dependence to the automated system?Whatever may be the reason,the scenario should be changed.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Woo the phone company sure does like to charge an arm and a leg, don't they? Well that's an honest goof on your part, forgetting you had made the call to your ex. I've forgotten about things I've purchased, and then when I go to check my balance and realize it's lower... "oh that's right!" lol.
@winterose (39929)
yeah it was a lot, but barbados is far as well.
@gerald_lian (2194)
When I was studying in university overseas, I used to call back to my home country using a calling card that was purchased off the post office. The card offered much better rates than calling back using the my mobile telco provider; I was charged 30 cents per minute compared to the $4 per minute rate using my mobile telco provider. The card was a prepaid one, and could be topped up at the post office whenever the credits were low. Now, I'm not sure if such calling cards are available in your country, which I assume would be Canada as per the information in your profile. You could try to inquire at your local post office to see if they do sell such calling cards; it's worth a try because if they really do have it, you'll be saving yourself lots of money from the phone bills. As for myself, I am currently still working overseas, but nowadays I don't use a call card anymore as I have turned to Skype, which is free (my parents have a computer and they have learned how to use Skype too).
Just read from your responses to others that this is a once off call, so perhaps you don't need any help with reduction in your call charges. And since you made it clear that the point of the whole discussion is that you forgot about that expensive overseas call, maybe you just need to be a bit more aware of the location that you are calling for future times when you make calls.
I always look over my statements when I get them, to confirm every call, and transaction I make (bank, phone, credit cards, etc). If anything looks unusual, I think back really hard, as to where t could have come from. I can figure t out everytime. As for cheap phonecalls, Walker and I have a Vonage phone, so we can call almost anywhere n the world cheap. He has it on his old AZ number. Sure makes it easier to call the States, even though we're not in the States, since certain numbers, like the SocSec office can't be called from outside of the USA.
@winterose (39929)
I didn't get my statement yet this is the automatic banking service and they just tell you your account balance. I just forgot I made the call that is all.
That was fine and you know now about the forgotton call. I do know this can happen with anyone. I am glad you got it all striaghtened out for yourself now. good luck with the move.