I got it because I have a voucher.

Someone who had been on the waiting list for a one bedroom asked how come I got it when they have been waiting on the waiting list. I told her I got it because I have a voucher and they will rent to me first.. over someone who will pay cash. Plus,I said it does not matter since you have a dog and they don't allow pets. She really wants to move in that building. she fell in love with the apaprtment. The manager told me that wen she calls people on the list they most likely have already moved. so,she was taking me and giving me one since I have a voucher. I am so glad I did not take that ugly place I thought I would have to settle for. I can't wait to show you pictures of my new place. after I get my furniture inside it..
I can't wait to see your apartment.
I will be taking pictures after I get my furniture in it. I will be posting all the apartment right on mylot. LOL
@buddha3 (1029)
hmmm, I'm excited too. Better post two series of pictures. One - before furniture, Two - After furniture Hope it's not a very bad idea, though. Please post the pix :)
I will be taking pictures only after I get my furniture. The kitchen I can take sooner since I have a table.. But,the living room not with this checkered sofa.
I can understand why the landlord would take you first over someone who wants to pay cash. I think it is great that you are finally able to move out and get on with your life. Will Adrian be able to help you with the move? I know when we moved a couple of times in Idaho we had family and friends help us out,but when we moved from Idaho to Nevada we were on our own. I am glad you will be moving fast (in less than two months). I hope that all will go well with randy and I. We have been calling to set up an appointment so we can get a voucher. Randy is disabled and he is collecting SSI and SSD so we should be able to get it. Eventually I will go to work (as soon things with Randy calm down) then get our bills paid down then we can look into buying a home.
You can rent to own with your voucher as well. so,that will be good for you.
You really did get lucky in getting your one bedroom apartment so quickly because I have friends that have had Section 8 and have had to wait for a long time to be able to find a home that was appropriate for their family. Of course, it doesn't seem fair that your friend was passed over just because of the fact that you did have a Section 8 voucher. They should have been given the option to take the apartment before you were.
That is true as well and the lady said,everyone se called on te list had already moved in to their own places. I also know this person would not give up their dog to move here even for $500 lower rent.
@MandaLee (3738)
Dear Sharon, I am so happy for you. I can't wait to see pictures of your new place. You are in my prayers each day. I hope you are well. Have a great weekend!
I will be posting as soon as I get my couch off layaway. maybe 5 months after I move in.. thanks
@syramoon (655)
Congrats on finding a new place you like. I would hate to live in a place that I thought was ugly. I feel for the person who fell in love with the place, but there are sacrifices pet owners have to make to keep their pets. Don't let her get you down though!
I know this building don't allow pets and it is such a nice building I don't blame them..
Hey, that only makes sense! You have a voucher, you get it. Afterall, anyone can pay cash. I don't know the system, and so I don't know how you got a voucher, but knowing you as I know you, t's all completely legal. :) Sorry for the other lady, but that's just how it goes.
I was homeless for two years and they gave me a voucher to have my own place. If you have a voucher you get the lower priced units. There was only one left in the building.
@mikyung (2234)
You are so lucky. That's heaven sent. Things will really come as easy as like that. I wish I can have something like that soon.Congratulations. Thanks
I am blessed and thanks very much for the smile..
@inertia4 (27713)
I am real happy for you. And you are lucky that you had the voucher. I know you're going to enjoy your new place. Like I said once before, this is a new beginning for you.