Nik Wallenda Crosses over Niagara Falls

@lelin1123 (15645)
Puerto Rico
Nik Wallenda of the famous Tightrope Wallenda family, has once again amazed us by completing a walk a cross from United States to Canada last night on a tightrope. A big audience gathered on both sides of United States and Canada. It was so scary for me as I watched just sitting on my couch. I was terrified excited and praying for him all at the same time. Towards the middle of the rope it was foggy, windy and wet. I could not believe what I was watching and how he seemed to be so calm throughout the experience. He was actually talking to his Dad and reporters while on the tightrope answering questions and I kept saying stop talking to him so he can concentrate. Did you watch and if so what was your experience watching it?
@PageTurner (2827)
Hello lelin1123 I did not watch this as I have no television. However, I cannot help but wonder if Mr. Wallenda had his Passport with him on the tightrope, and if a Canadian Customs Official met him when he got to Canada? Did they show this on the television? Also, how did the USA's Homeland Security react to this?
@Suebee (2013)
Yes he had his passport with him and yes they showed it on tv...
Wow. I think if I was doing something so stressful I wouldn't want to burden myself with anything, even something as small as a passport. Thanks, Suebee.
@Suebee (2013)
Yeah I know eh? He just had it in a plastic baggie in his jacket pocket. They sort of made a joke about asking for it, lots of laughs but I guess technically, it had to be done.
@stealthy (8190)
I had perfect timing as I turned over to that station about four minutes before he started. It was interesting. I visited Niagara Falls a long time ago. Back then(around 1988) I didn't have to have a passport to go over to the Canadian side which I did one night to go to a night spot. He was very calm but then that is his profession and he has had lots of practice and even rehearsing under simulated conditions, but with even higher winds, for this walk. Even so it was very impressive.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I was amazed at the whole experience, due to the fact that I'm terrified of heights. I just kept imagining the worse happening. I felt there was fear in the eyes of his family and that in itself was scary to watch.
I didn't watch this and actually would not have known about it if it wasn't for your sharing this discussion on here. With that said, I don't think that I would have been able to watch it because of the fact that I would have been so nervous for him. I know that being able to walk a tightrope is something that you have to have a great attention span and a lot of concentration to be able to do. I certainly know that it wouldn't be something that I would ever be able to do.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I understand because I kept hiding behind a pillow because I was so scared especially when he kept talking to his Dad or a reporter who kept asking questions. I'm thinking lets wait till he gets down to ask questions. I wanted them to all shutup so he could concentrate. It was scary but so amazing all at the same time.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
I did watch it & thought it to be very exciting. He is one brave man. I know this is a way of life w/his family but i'm glad it's not w/mine, lol.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I'm with you on that, I'm so glad our family is not into this type of entertainment. To scary and I don't think my heart could take it.