Would you bid lowest as possible?

@911Ricki (13602)
I was telling my friend how this really irritates me to no end. The local Humane Society held a Facebook Auction. I donated a few baskets all worth $50.00 value. Many bidded way lower such as $7.00 which is ridiculous especially when all the money goes back into the shelter. My Mom tried raising the votes, and many stopped bidding after it got over $30. My Mom won a load and just gave the money let them keep the basket to reuse in the next auction or for the animals at the shelter. Would you expect your money worth? Are you too cheap?. Usually I would be but the fact someone took the time and energy even if I didnt get something knowing its helping out animals to find a home , or even ones that dont get a home they get a nice warm bed, and food which they didnt have before.
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
I honestly think that the bidding should start at $10.00 when it comes to something like that. It may not do justice to some of the things people are donating, but it'd be respectful and actually give the shelter some sort of money instead of just chump change. It's disgraceful to donate below that. If you can't donate any more then that, I say don't even participate, ya know?
The fact that you love animals the way you do don't mean others will as well. I know there is no way I would have bid high on that basket. I love cats like crazy. I also don't think many people would bid wat they did not have to pay. you have to think about a lot of peoples situations when your thinking about those bids. When people bid on anything the purpose is to win the item at the lowest price possible. that goes for all auctions even on ebay. I would not go on ebay and bid 100 for something worthless than that just to make someone else happy. You have a lot to think about before you let this keep bothering you. some people see animals as just that animals. Some people care more for a cat then their own blood family.
@911Ricki (13602)
I just think its a slap in the face, to start with $2.00 and expect to get $50.00 worth of items for that. But I can see where they want to get as much as possible, for no money (many are greedy and selfish now a days). But then some expect more money, I was going through eBay when MyLot was down and some wanted $50.00 for a rabbit toy that is sold in store for $5.00. I guess that how this world is now, and its just sad. Some were bidding left and right some even went for $40 - $50. My one friend said she would waste her time or money on her cat. Many of the food alone was $20.00 a bag, and it was packed (the items were name brand items) which if I were to bid wouldnt start off $50.00 but take into consideration the cost, and time (maybe a little higher, and knowing it would go up). Many who dont care for their animals are the ones whos pets end up at the shelter, and others support to find a forever home. My cats and rabbit are like my children, and I would never give them up, and spoil them.
This is the reason I said what I said about how you feel about your pets. I loved all my cats but,none like my child. I think you will be fine in time. Those people may very well bnot have had the money to bid higher. I think the rabbit toys was robbery..
@ryanong (9695)
• Vietnam
It is totally right...Some people see animals as just that animals. Some people care more for a cat then their own blood family.
Everyone these days tries to get things for a deal or for the cheapest amount. But if you are at an auction where it goes to a good cause like animal shelters or cancer you should expect to spend a little bit of money! That is what they have the auctions for in the first place... to make money.
@911Ricki (13602)
I agree, I know where the money if going and a good cause. Ive adopted a few animals in the past. But I guess some simple are just selfish and greedy wanting things way cheapier than normal just to have it not thinking of the actual cause.
@erikmama (12934)
i am someone who uses ebay and other sites to find great deals and I think that is what everyone is after- a good deal. I want to get things as cheap as possible. Some people will take into consideration where the money is going but a lot will not.
@samzls (22)
• France
Well some people go to those auctions because they don't wanna pay the original price...I mean some people are in really tough positions economically rhese times...and giving them an opportunity to get something cheaper? They won't miss it
If it was just a regular auction then yes, I'd try to bid as low as possible. But when it comes to helping out animals in need, I wouldn't mind spending the money because I know it would help them out. Some people don't think like that though and they just want to get things for as cheap as possible and they don't really give much thought to the fact that it's about helping the animals and not just about themselves. I have a soft spot for animals and especially ones in need (both of my dogs were adopted and saved) so I wouldn't mind paying more to help out animals. Too bad more people couldn't care like that
@cher913 (25893)
for a charity auction, i would bid a bit more just because i want to support the cause but for a regular auction, like on ebay, i would definitely bid the lowest! (because i am really cheap and want to save money wherever i can!)
@ryanong (9695)
• Vietnam
I love cats too but in here there are many people who have not enough food to eat everyday so that normally we do bid for people only. Some people who do care homeless cats and dogs and then they can find a good owner for them later. In fact, my cat Noo was a kitten i asked from one guy who posted a notice about her on the internet also. If i do bid for animals, i don't do much because i am the poor i don't have much money for bidding.