I forgot all about those bedbugs.

I was talking to m friend who is moving the same day I am. I told her that I put down money on my living room set. She told me she was not going to the trift store to buy her living room set because of those bedbugs. I am so glad I went to get mine from the store.. She will be going to the store with me to look for hers and her new beds. She is buying everything brand new. I was calling out all the things in my house I got second hand which is most of it. But,that is going with me to my house because nothing is wrong with it. My table is too big for the space it will be at. But,I will move with it until I can save for anew one. The chiars will be in the apartment by then. These chairs don't match and one I started to sand down for painting. and the bolts on the legs are broken.. I bought this from a neighbor over 10 years ago. I had bedbugs so bad that I wke up with them in my mouth. They bit me up so bad before I found out what was wrong with me. When I seen them in my bed I lost it and tossed it out.
Fortunatly I´ve never even seen a bedbug, although I have heard of them. I don´t get much how places can get infested, but it seems it´s very difficult to get rid of them later on. I would buy only new furniture if bedbugs were a problem where I lived. As it is, I have bought a couple of my most beautiful armchairs second hand and I upholstered them.
They multiply like crazy and it is horrible.
Where I live it seems that the only insects we have are flies and ants. And they are not so bad if you know how to take care of them.
I just recently moved to the city, and our apartment had a problem with them. It wasn't too bad luckily, and thank God (literally) the landlord paid an exterminator to take care of the problem. We haven't seen one bed bug since...*Knock on wood.*
I had to change my bed. my sister had to get rid of her two beds and couch set. My brother got rid of his furniture as well. I would not like this again.
I would definitely be concerned about secondhand living room furniture as well. I would be worried about bringing in bedbugs; I would also be imagining all of the icky things that the previous owners may have done. If it's wooden or metal furniture, that's one thing. That is fairly easily cleaned.
@winterose (39918)
how could you live like that, why didn;'t you get the exterminator or have the landlord exterminate the place for bedbugs and cockroaches.
@911Ricki (13602)
My friend bought most of her furntiture brand new from a store. She ended up tossing it because of bedbugs within a week, and they would return it and told her she was lying. I will only get certain things second hand such as kitchen table, chairs, and so on. But fabric chairs, couch, beds, and so on no mway Ill buy from a store, which in the end more likely to get fixed then if you bought it from some person off the street.
When it comes to second hand bedding, I'll only ever get it from someone I know. for example, if my sister was going to get a bigger bed, and wanted to give me her old stuff, I'd take it. I trust her. I'd never buy it second hand, though. If I buy clothes from a thrift store, I take them home and wash them, even if they are brand new, with the labels still on them.