Sadie hound's adventure

@savypat (20248)
I thought we had cured Sadie from her persistant cough, but no such luck, so it was back to the Vet for another shot. Sadie is sure that the Vet's is a place of terror, she comes out of the car with her tail between her legs, a very clear sign of extreme fear on her part. Hubby has to come along with us because I am not strong enough to hold her. Needless to say this is not a pleasent trip for any of us. So yesterday Sadie, Hubby and I went to the local livestock store and shopped for a new harness that will allow us better control and make Vet trips safer for the humans involved. We got her a pink one, it's so bright it will put your eyes out and she felt much more comfortable in it because the lead is attached behind her front legs giving us more leverage and relieving her neck. By the way she liked the trip to the store much better than the Vet.
@Octav1 (1421)
I think every dog would change a trip to the vet for a trip to any other place. I haven't seen a dog who gladly enters the vet's office. Maybe it's us, the owners who don't take enough time to make our dogs realize the vet's place is not a place of terrors. Maybe we should take our dogs there for pleasant visits, not only for shots. But I'm afraid we don't like that place too much either. When will you let us see Sadie's pink harness? Will you upload a picture of her with her new "dress"?
@savypat (20248)
I have no idea how to upload pictures on mylot. You are speaking to the computer dummy here.
@dragon54u (31340)
Poor Sadie! My dog Cookie fears the vet, too, but she shows it by drooling, it's such a mess! I prefer those harnesses when I have to control my dogs, they are so much more comfortable. Gus and Cookie have padded ones that are very comfy. I hope Sadie's cough clears up for good very soon. Haven't heard much about the new pup, how's it going?
@savypat (20248)
Hugie or Hugo as I call him, is doing well, he got a little over heated and took a tumble down the hill a bit. Hurt his leg a little and so has been restricted to the yard and the house for a day or two. Each dog that comes here seems to get an owie or two until they clam down a bit and respect that this isn't a city park. We are so lucky that we have never had a dog seriously injured here.
@inu1711 (5288)
Oh, poor Sadie! I can only imagine how terrified she was with a new visit to the vet. I remember my first dog was also terrified by the vet's. Back then I used to think all dogs see the vet's as a place of terror. But Binne made me change my opinion. She seems to like that place. She start pulling in the leash once we walk in the vicinity of the vet's office. Not to move away from that place, but to hurry up. She thinks the vet is her friend and she can't wait to get the "reward" from him. Have your vet tried to become friend to Sadie so that she won't feel so terrified there?
@yoyo1198 (3644)
I don't know what it is about the vet office....maybe the smell. Seems like most every animal I have had did not like to go to the vet. Nothing bad happened to them there. Just an exam and maybe a vaccination. I have decided that it is the smell and that the animals are somehow talking to each other through smells, vibes, etc. Hey, don't laugh. It could be possible. Anyway, Sadie came out on top with a new harness. I think they are so much easier on the doggie since the humans aren't pulling on the dog's neck. That can't be good for the neck bones, muscles, etc.