I Reckon My Spirit Guide Was Helping Me Out Today...

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
...with the cleaning! Seriously! Because DTP (Dave the Painter) will be arriving to do some wallpapering at 8am tomorrow I've been cleaning like a Demon. The house isn't a sh*t-tip, you understand. I don't know about you but whenever I know someone is coming round I have to go that Extra Mile. Anyway, John bought these new cloths a while back. One's for glass, one's for kitchen and bathroom and one's multi-purpose, so I've been using the glass and multi-purpose ones to buff up my surfaces after polishing with another cloth with er.. polish on it. Now, where the Spirit Guide came in..I didn't have to put much effort in before my surfaces were gleaming. I couldn't believe it. It didn't matter if it was wood, glass, the bathroom..everything was done with minimum effort. Which has got me wondering. Did I have a helper? Either that or these microfibre cloths are better than I thought!
@derek_a (10902)
What a coincidence. We had a guy around today to measure up for our kitchen that we have promised ourselves for the last 3 years. Yesterday my wife went through it with a fine tooth-comb, cleaning cupboards inside and out. Being a man, I didn't see the point myself. If we are getting new units, what the point of scrubbing up the old ones.. OK,, I know.. Not to let others think that we live in filth.. but there was no filth, just a bit of everyday grime! Are men as blind to dirt as my wife says we are? _Derek
@derek_a (10902)
Oh yes, the spiritual guide, nearly forgot. As a Zen practitioner, all is one. One is all. Guides are me, you and all. It comes from within.. Or maybe not.. Zen never supplies answers to these things, but suggests we look and experience for ourselves. I constantly do this and can't say that even my perception of another physical person, is part of me.. How can it be anything else. But there are no hard and fast rules, unless you choose the to be. But then... Who created the rules and where do they exist? _Derek
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Very deep and profound Derek..and that's just the bit about the units lol.
Nobody banged on about something there,so you were in a cheerful state of mind.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Sure was!
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Well those microfiber cloths are good, but something must've had you and helping you because even with those cloths it takes a good many swipes to get things looking tip-top. Maybe whatever it was knew you'd be taken with DTP and his work, and gabbing with him?
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Could be 'cos I've had an awesome day.
@ElicBxn (60884)
those microfiber cloths are awesome, but I HATE the way they feel!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I know what you mean, they stick to the fingers don't they. It's a horrible sensation, I agree.
@Lorden (348)
• South Africa
Yeah. I was there in spirit, helping you. Anytime :) You sound so much like me. I can't let anyone into my house without giving it a good clean. Clients are even more of a motivation to clean the place. Then I also clean like a.. er "Demon"? Hope you enjoy your spotless place! Really, enjoy it while you can; by tomorrow it will be dusty again.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
The dust tends to lay more upstairs than downstairs..why, I don't know and I'm lucky in the fact my TV stand doesn't attract as much dust as others I know of (like my Mum's) lol.