Show Money requires in going to Singapore?

@syoti20 (5295)
I was thinking if I need some requirement in terms of money. I mean money to show that I have the capability to stay in Singapore at 5 days. Please advise. Thank you!
@lkbooi (16101)
Hi syoti20, I had been to Singapore several times. And I hadn't come across any requirement in terms of money. The most important thing is, to bring enough cash or Singapore dollars for you to spend for the 5 day vacation It's quite convenient to convert US dollar to the local currency from my previous experience. I believe and hope the outlets and stalls they will accept piso like my Malaysian ringgit Happy posting
@syoti20 (5295)
How much should i bring with me or be my pocket money?
@lkbooi (16101)
It depends on how you spend the money. Let say, I don't buy any souvenir and luxury items. I make a roughly budget to spend around 70 Singapore dollars per day, just for pocket money. I usually would spend this on tasting local desserts that look delicious and totally new to me. I would get small gadgets which are worth to buy.
@ddaguno (3110)
nop... read a lot of articles about traveling to Singapore but I haven't heard of a 'show money' requirement. book for a tour and make sure that you have a return ticket so you wouldn't get a problem with immigration
@syoti20 (5295)
Thanks I will do that.
I don't think you need to show you have money in order to stay in Singapore for five days. However, you would need to declare to the customs if you are carrying more than SGD30,000 or its equivalent in other currencies. However you just need to declare, it does not mean that you can't bring this amount in or out of Singapore. It's probably an anti-money laundering measure, I guess. In actual fact, I don't think you need SGD30,000 to stay in Singapore for five days, right? So you're safe!
@chicgale (2982)
I don't think they will ask you to show them the money while you are going for a visit. Sometimes they wanna know if you booked a hotel already.
@wongchoiyee (7227)
I think NO, you are going for a vacation then is no, if you are working or migrating, I don't think No.