I don't want family or friends over for a month..

I was talking to my mother tonight an I told her I want time to set up my house before people come to visit for the first time. I know everrone is excited that I am moving back home and want to come over. I want to have my boxes done and have something prepared to eat and all. I think a month is fine for this. It will take me a few das to open all the boxes and put stuff away. Adrian will be there all the time and my mother can come too. but,everyone else I want to wait..
@winterose (39918)
sounds like a good plan, whatever works best for you.
Did you start packing up yet? I am down to the last bit now. my daughter has to get her stuff or the owner will trash it all.
@winterose (39918)
no I still have two months to live here, We only pack one week before we move, we do that with every move me made.
That will be nice that you will be at your home area again. Souns like you want to have a sort of home coming party. That sounds nice. I think if everyone loves and respects you they will give you time to get your new home set up before coming over to visit.
I want to cook and have food for them to eat as well. thanks.
Sounds like a party to me.
@lelin1123 (15643)
• Puerto Rico
I can totally understand that. You want the time to unpack, decorate and feel comfortable in your new place before inviting friends over. I hope and pray that you enjoy your new house and have no problems with your daughter, the landlord or neighbors. God Bless!
My daughter does not know when I am moving or where I am moving. I hope it stays this way for a while. she has not come by in days.
I can totally understand that - I feel the same way! We moved into our house just about a month ago - and I am only feeling now that we are almost ready to have guests. We've had a few people here already - but not for them to be "entertained" - they just happened to help us with the move. Although we did a lot of clean up this weekend, we are still living out of boxes and forever unpacking it seems. We also have 2 little ones, so it's not easy to just concentrate on this stuff. Some of our friends are bugging us to have them over . . . but I just want the place to look just right before they come over. So I totally understand what you're saying!
It will only be adrian helping me with unpacking and I will not have anything in my way. so,I can get it done faster.
• Bangladesh
You should finish setting up things so soon for the sake of your patienceless friends.lol
Welcome to mylot. I hope your enjoin your time here.
@GemmaR (8526)
If you are moving house, then it makes sense that you wouldn't want people to come around until you've managed to sort everything out to make it acceptable for you. Personally, I would hate for people to see my house in a mess, because I am a tidy person and take great pride in my house, but I know that I wouldn't be able to be tidy so soon after moving into a house. Tell them why you want to be alone for a while and they should accept that, as long as you tell them that they will be welcome after a certain date.
I plan to stay home for the first few days just unpacking as well.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
Yes, your idea is indeed the best to entertain your family and friends. It is understood that they are excited to welcome you back home. But it better and more comfortable if you have everything done and prepare something for everyone to feast as well.
I just hope they will understand and not come around till I set my home up. I have a lot of work to do.
@Jennib1 (62)
• South Africa
It's really great that your friends can't wait to come visit you and I am sure they will understand once you explain your feelings to them. You can always say you will reward their patience with a house warming party once you have settled in. Besides this will also give you time to bond with your new environment. Hope you will be very happy in your new home.
I love my new place so much. I can't wait to finally move in and set up the house.
• Mexico
Moving is so stressful and I completely agree that you need time to feel comfortable and relaxed before all of your friends and family come over....a month is a reasonable amount of time.I think everyone will be understanding.
I do not blame you for wanting to wait until you have your place set up before having people over. I know when Randy and I moved one month before we got maried I had waited a month before having people over. I wanted to get things unpacked and was also in the middle of planning our reception for after the wedding. I am sure that Adrian will help you unpack and so will your mom if you ask them too.
@asliah (11148)
hi, when i am newly moved to other house,of course its okay for me if my family will come to the new house even my things not yet fixed,but if other people will come to visit of course i will not allow it because i want to fix them all before they can visit me at my new home.