I get sick a lot after eating some foods.

I was talking to my neighbor about this and she understands me perfectly. I can't understand why adrian still does what he does. I had to stop eating a lot of stuff in order to stop throwing up. We went to red lobster and I got so sick. He got mad because it was money wasted. I asked him not to take me but,he really wanted to go. Then a while back we went to eat pizza and I got sick. I had the car door open vomiting on the side of the road. Again he was upset. We eat in the house steak or something in the meat family and I get sick. So,now I don't eat those food that get me sick. I can't eat pancakes because of the syrup and I really love them. The acid from my stomach was messing up my teeth. so it was for the best. Now he complains that I eat like a rabbit. I told him to stop getting upset over it and let me eat what I can tolerate. I can eat one kind of hot dog and that is the one with cheese inside it. and I can eat any kind of salad. so,I mostly buy salad,hot dogs and apples.
Aww, are you on medcine for acid? I have that problem i get sick on alot of what i eat but, i am on medicine i dont actully throw up i just get stomach pains and burps. But, some food is way worse then others i try to not eat what acts it up too much.
NO this is from a operation I had two years ago.
Oh i see, i am sorry I hope you get everything worked out.
• Mexico
May be you have to check if there are any side effects due to medications ? Also, this was one of the behaviour i noticed on my husbands when he had severe spicy food. The food that taste good may not be digestive often as we know of our traditional ways they were cooked. To my awe, there were such incidents that got cured by simple therapy of drinking ginger water or to use dry ginger mixed in tea on a pleasant evening drink.
I think two out of three is pretty healthy diet that you have going on. You could still go to these places but order a salad. That way he has your company, you don't get sick and all is happy. The foods you have listed that make you sick are ones you really don't need to eat anyway. Except for the fish. That is a shame.
That is what I have come to realize about me eating some foods.
Ya, you can only do what you can do. And it is healthier to boot.
@winterose (39916)
that is what scares me about getting that surgery I know several people who are miserable now because they can hardly eat anything.
That is one reason my mother won't get it as well. She loves to eat everything.
@choybel (5059)
That's sad. I like eating, so it would really be hard for me if I was limited to a set of food only. The only food that I know which has gotten me feeling bad is McDonald's fries. I don't really know why though.
Now that is one thing I can eat from there. I can't eat a burger though.
Your partner should understand that not all people has the same tummy as he have and you must tell him about your health condition in the right tone also to eliminate unnecessary fight. Good luck!
I just stay away from some foods and I will not eat them no mater what. I don't have much to choose from but it is ok.
Vomiting from what you eat is worse then not eating at all because like you said the acids in your stomach can ruin your teeth. My daughter has had motion sickness since she was born and throws up in a vehcile after riding for about 10 minutes. I was worried about it rotting her teeth so after a few years when she got older I give her dramamine. She still throws up but not as often. I think Adrian needs to understand that its not your fault you cant eat certain foods and if you do eat them that they will come back up. I am kind of disgusted at his attitude that its a waste of money. How about saying honey I'm so sorry this happens and you feel so sick from certain foods dont eat what makes you sick. Sometimes people are so rude about things he needs to be considerate about this.
He is doing better now about it so all is well. I ate today and yesterday and did not get sick. I can eat subway and onion rings so that is what i ate. the other food I don't bother eat at all.
@MandaLee (3745)
Dear Sharon, I understand how you feel. Some foods upset my stomach. I can't eat corn or spinach anymore.
@asliah (11147)
hi, i have also experienced that in my life,i ate many food especially those food that i really loved such as those fatty foods and really high in calories,but after that i felt some thing that i cannot explain in my stomach,and i cant really sleep during that night.
@ifa225 (11097)
I am soory..but adrian is right my advice will be stop eating food that makes you sick unless you had prepared some.medicine to help you heal my doctor advice me to not eat some spicy food or i will suffer
@rusty2rusty (6762)
• Defiance, Ohio
Sorry to hear your boyfriend doesn't understand. I have GERD. Which does not allow me to eat certain foods or drinks otherwise I get sick myself.. Anything with lots of acid or is acid base. Such as the sauce on pizza. I can' have certain spices such as cinnamon. I can't have certain veggies or fruits. Like oranges , grapefruits, or cauliflower. Certain sweets I can't have either like chocolate.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I think I would speak to a doctor about now being able to eat much without being sick. Maybe there is something they can do. You should not be that limited just because of your surgery.
@adforme (2116)
Having food allergies isn't cool. I have them as well. It can make life less enjoyable. Lately, there are more choices for people with food allergies. Some restaurants/grocery stores carry gluten-free food choices, and milk doesn't always have to come from a cow. I became very sick after eating something as well. This was just last week. I remember feeling light-headed and wanted to rest. Well, I got up and vomitted like there was no tomorrow. Then I remembered, I just ate something that I was allergic to. But, here is the kicker, I ate this food just a few months ago, and I was fine. Makes me wonder.
That means you are allergic to few food items. This might happen all of a sudden. It happened to me too. Suddenly i became allergic to oranges and lemon. Now i have started avoiding such items. Can u believe, A friend of mine is allergic to coke??!! It happens at times. You may overcome this condition in future or may not. The best thing is to avoid things that gives you problems.... Take care.
I guess you have acidic or gastric problem. Usually people who has gastric problem they vomit or nausea after they eat. Specially spicy or oily good. So my suggestion you must concern with the doctor. Have a good time!
Hi gifts, Maybe it`s time you saw a doctor about that. I don`t think it is normal that so many foods make you sick. There are people with food allergies, but you have talked about a wide variety of fooods. And vomiting is not something a person does, unless there`s an intoxication. I hope you solve this problem. Eating should make you happy in the right amounts.
Adrian says that he loves you, so he should be able to understand and accept that you can't eat certain foods. When you go out to a restaurant, you order what will sit well with you, eat the portion that your stomach can handle, and take the rest back home with you. That said, there are legitimate reasons for him to be concerned with how you're eating. "Salad, hot dogs, and apples" do not a proper diet make.